Minipris-tickets

Search

Minipris-tickets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minipris-tickets

I am in the process of planning a trip to Norway next year and will take the one-way, Oslo-Bergen, nutshell route. I would like to get the minipris tickets but a bit confused. According to nsb website: "Minipris is only valid for direct travel. Change of train is allowed but the journey has to be continued with the first corresponding train." How does this work? Will I have time to continue to Bergen on Voss-Bergen train? Does minipris ticket work on both segments?

Is Oslo-Bergen train a NSB regional Train on a 'green' departure? What is a 'green' departure?
Any help with my question is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 02:20 PM

The problem is that you can't get off the train then continue on the next one with minipris. A minipris ticket from Oslo to Myrdal will still be a lot cheaper than a full fare ticket. You will have to buy a new ticket from Voss to Bergen. This price is less than 199,- so there is no point in buying a minipris ticket for this ride.

Minipris is not valid on the Flåm Railway. But buy the nutshell part from Myrdal to Voss when you arrive Oslo or pay as you go.

You can buy a direct Minipris ticket from Oslo to Bergen, but you will then have to skip the train down to the fjords ('the nutshell part' if you like). And visiting the fjords is probably a main reason for doing the trip?

If you are doing the Nutshell route from Oslo-Bergen you would have to leave the ordinary Oslo-Bergen line at Myrdal and change to the nutshell part of the journey (Flåm railway-Nærøyfjord boat-Stalheim bus to Voss). From Voss you continue on the ordinary train to Bergen.

"Minipris is only valid for direct travel. Change of train is allowed but the journey has to be continued with the first corresponding train." - Answer: There are only direct trains from Oslo to Bergen, but if this was not the case you would have been allowed to change to the first corresponding train along the route to Bergen.

'Green' departure had to do with a frequent user card, but I think they have stopped using this term.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your reply. You have answered all my questions. I am quite clear on what to do now. Truly appreciate your taking the time to write.