Milan for three Days

Search

Milan for three Days

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milan for three Days

We arrive in Milan on 20NOV about 10am. Staying for three days then on to Florence. I have a few ideas what to do, Duomo, David, maybe the last supper and some fashion "things" for my daughter. Family vacation, kids are in high school. Recommendations where to stay and what to do. Don't want to miss out on any restaurant locations either. thank you - Michael
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sure you mis-typed. Michelangelo's David is in Florence.

You should make reservations NOW to see the Last Supper.

In addition to the Duomo, a few other things that interested me in Milan: the La Scala Museum, a stroll through the Galleria, the Brera Museum, the Navigli District, the Castello complex.

For hotel recommendations, you need to tell us your budget.
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 06:35 PM

Definitely get tickets for The Last Supper, NOW! They can be hard to get. If you have any appreciation of classical art, there's nothing like the experience of standing in front of The Last Supper for 15 minutes in a very small group of people.

The Duomo and the Galleria are quite interesting, as can be a walking tour through Milan given by a knowledgeable local guide.

If you want a luxury hotel in Milan, here is a google map of hotels affiliated with Virtuoso: http://tinyurl.com/3tfq9kt If you book through any Virtuoso travel consultant (google it), there's no extra cost, but you get free breakfasts, room upgrades, and other amenities at the same price.
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

yes, mistyped, we are heading to Florence after Milan. We'll look into ticket for Last Supper now. I would like to keep hotel cost down, we'll need two rooms each night. maybe $100-150 US would be idea. thank you for your comments.
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 06:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Single or double rooms?

Milan is expensive, but maybe you'll get lucky in late November. My old standby, Hotel Star, is offering 123 euros for 11/20 and 129 euros for 11/21 for double twins and 96 euros and 99 euros for singles.

Try a booking website like venere.com or booking.com.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 01:20 PM

Milan is expensive but with www.airbnb.com you will certainly find a good solution! don't miss for your shopping all the Brera/Solferino area where you will also find good food.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM

Chef,

I am off to Milan in 5 days and am looking forward to it. My itinerary includes the sites listed in the previous posts; as well as, Santa Maria presso San Satiro, Pinacoteca Ambrosiana and shopping for "do it yourself" dinner in the Via Speronari, Via Torino, Via Spedari area. All these places are walking distance from the Duomo. Day two for me includes: Sant Eustorgio, San Lorenzo Maggiore, Sant'Ambrogio and Castello Sforzesco. My restaurant choices after the do it myself dinner from "Peck" are: Latteria San Marco or Tratoria Montina.

Have a good time!

Rolo
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the recommendations! Off to Florence via train if there are any additional suggestions.... M
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM

Loved the Last Supper!! As others have said, tickets were hard to get. If you can manage, it is totally worth it! DOn't miss out
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 06:13 AM

If you are an opera fan, try for tickets at La Scala. You might get better prices by just going to the ticket office there. La Scala had a very interesting museum when DH and I were there.

Very convenient to Galleria. Rooftop walk on Duomo is very special.