Mid-Priced Hotels In Madrid

Old Sep 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid-Priced Hotels In Madrid

I am a 58 year old women traveling with a freind. We will be in Madrid for 3 days and would like recommendations for good an interesting mid-priced hotels/pensions that is conveniently located. Also, any recommendations for great places to eat that are not touristy. Thanks
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Hi

I haven't stayed there but the Hotel Emperador - http://www.emperadorhotel.com - strikes me as good value. I checked out the rates and the Club Emparador rooms seem great value if advance purchased. For other alternatives it may be more helpful if you state your budget in euro and the dates required for a room.
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM

When we were in Madrid a few years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Plaza Mayor, a small 2* hotel in a perfect location. The room was a bit spartan, but it was clean, and the staff was friendly. The hotel is located just outside Plaza Mayor (the main square in Madrid), and it's also a short walk to the pedestrianized shopping area.
Plaza Santa Anna is a fun place to look for a bite to eat - we really enjoyed the tapas selection at Cerveceria Alemana.
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 05:32 PM

Another vote for Hotel Playa Mayor. We have stayed there twice ( a total of five nights) over the years, and loved it both times. Exactly what we wanted for sightseeing Madrid.

A good location; the Royal Palace, the playa mayor, and important museums within walking distance and the metro nearby. Taxis plentiful when you are ready to go to the Atocha Station or the airport. I never pay attention to those "stars" but Hotel Plaza Mayor was perect for us.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM

I stayed at the Hotel Europa this past May with my mother. Very clean, nice staff and I liked the location.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 05:07 PM

We've rented an apartment for less than the cost of a hotel. Its centrally located, and looks wonderful. We'll be there early Oct. We found it through, www.vrbo.com/madrid That's vacation rentals by owner. You can do that in almost any city in the world. Being able to eat in, at least breakfast, cuts the costs too.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM

I spent one night with my 11 and 13 year old boys at the Hotel Plaza Mayor in 2006. I was looking for a reasonably priced place, centrally located, where we'd feel safe. It was simple, but perfect. The staff was very nice.

On my recommendation, my husband stayed there last year, on his way to meet a friend for a sailing trip in the Canary Islands. He liked it too.

One suggestion would be to check out www.biddingfortravel.com to see if any specific hotels are coming up regularly for Madrid. With 2 people, this might be a good bargain for you. (This works great for London, not so good for Paris, not sure about Madrid...)