Madrid hotel recommendations please?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are spending 10 nights in Spain. Our itinerary is Nights 1-3: Madrid, Nights 4-5: Seville, Nights 6-9: Marbella, and then Night 10: Madrid. We are looking for 2 Madrid hotels - for Nights 1-3 - we'd like something in the $200/night range within walking distance to the main sights; for Night 4 we'll be taking a late train back up so want to stay somewhere near a nice restaurant for our last meal in Spain, but also with an easy way to get to the airport for a mid-morning flight home. Any recommendations?
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM

With the euro strengthening again some of the hotels I like ( Westin Palace, Villa Real, Catalonia Las Cortes)will be over $200 a night. This summer we'll stay at Prado Hotel , a 3 star which shares the same location as the previously mentioned hotels. Its in the Plaza Santa Ana/ Prado museum area, which is my preferred location. I've stayed previously at this hotel and like it. No bells or whistles but clean, modern, and with good A/C (very important in Madrid during the summer!). I think we're paying about 115 euros per night, including breakfast.

Are you planning to go by taxi to the airport? If so, no need to stay by the airport the last night. It's only about 20 mins by taxi from Madrid center.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Hotels near museums (map)
http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=en&tab=ll
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 10:31 AM

While recently in Madrid we stayed at the Husa Paseo Del Arte. It was very clean and had nice amenities for a very reasonable price. It is near the major museums, which is very nice. The hotel is located within easy walking distance (even with luggage) across the street from the Atocha train station which is likely where you will be departing from/arriving to. Additionally, when we left Spain, we jumped on the subway at Atocha, taking it directly to the airport for our departure.

To top things off, it is located near Plaza Santa Anna, which is one of my favorite places in all of Madrid with many dining options from tapas, to dinners, to flamenco dancing!

Our only regret was not choosing this hotel again when we came through Madrid for a a few nights.

www.slynomad.com
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 11:30 AM

There is an excellent airport bus now, too, from Plaza Cibeles,and also Atocha. Fewer pickpockets than the trains/metro.