Metro Times...Beginning? Ending?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to do a quick day trip from Paris to London. My question is, will the metro be running early enough to get me to Gare du Nord at 6 in the morning? I've heard some lines have limited hours. And to get me back at 11:30 at night? This would be going from Cadet to Gare du Nord.
Can anyone help?
BTW, I've searched through the RATP site to no avail. If anyone know where to find this information on that site, that would be great too!
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 12:33 PM

The metro starts around 545 am and ends at around 1245 to 1 am so you wont have any problem. The times are not exact because the first / last train on the line goes through eatch station at a different time. The only place i have seen exact times listed is on the wall in the metro stations.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help Morgan!
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 02:21 PM
JonJon

Rather than relying on numbers written on walls, at least for things like the Metro timings, I suggest you go to www.ratp.com and click on the English version. You can get all the ACCURATE schedules...or you can rely on opinions on this site.

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Where are the RATP site do you find the exact times? I haven't been able to find them.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 02:38 PM
JonJon

Click on the English version first. Then click on the "route finder" function. Type in the beginning and the ending points AND the approximate time you wish to travel. If there isn't any service at that particular time you'll be told that.

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:25 PM

You are welcome Hadleigh. As JonJon suggested , route planning is available on the RATP site. If you are having problems using it I would be happy to help. I did check your location and times and you can get there by 6 am and return at 11:30 at night.

JonJon I take the metro almost every day and am familiar with the times of operation. My information is neither an opinion nor is in inaccurate.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:29 PM

Jon Jon the numbers written on the walls (metro information posters actually) are the beginning and ending times of each metro line at each and every stop. Each and every metro station has its own unique starting time in the morning and ending time in the evening. However, they all start and end within about a 30 minute time range.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:51 PM

Hadleigh, I found the starting and ending times for all the metro lines but they are only available in French. Here is the link :

http://www.citefutee.com/informer/ho...er_dernier.php
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, guys. Don't worry Morgan, I trusted that your "opionion" was accurate