Notices

Mestre Station Parking

May 20th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Mestre Station Parking

We are driving into Venice for a weekend stay in mid June. We planned on parking at the Mestre Station. My question is, can anyone account for parking availabiilty and cost at that location. I have heard 5 euro a day. If that is true I can't imagine that parking would be easy to find. Any thoughts?
May 20th, 2010, 06:06 AM

Here's a list of all the local parking options with contact info:

http://www.comune.venezia.it/flex/cm...N/IDPagina/119
May 20th, 2010, 07:26 AM

I've heard that as you drive in to the parking there are two lanes, and one takes you to the parking and one takes you on a long drive. Anyone know it well enough to give specific directions?
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:56 PM

Why would you want to park at the train station? You have to pay for it there! Street parking is free & safe, and the area around Viale S. Marco is just right for it: no limitations (like in "neighbourhood residents only"), no fees, no problems to find a space. You can park on any of the side lanes, or within the designated spaces on Viale S. Marco proper. Take bus no. 12 into town that runs along Viale S. Marco and ends on Piazzale Roma.
Jun 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM

Franco-I am interested in parking around Viale S. Marco. I am coming to venezia sept 3 leaving sept 5 so need to park for 2 nights and then go to Piazzale Roma. How do I get to Viale S. Marco and how do a I get to bus no. 12, how much does the bus cost? Thank you. Sarah
Jun 11th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Sarah, I'm not sure what a bus ticket normally costs (for the ACTV, the public transport company of Venice, I'm already a local since I'm there so often). But they're inexpensive, perhaps 1.50 Euros or something like that; just google "ACTV" for details. No. 12 is running along Viale S. Marco, and you can park in any side lane, presumably towards Venice. Please use Google Maps or www.viamichelin.com for figuring out how to arrive precisely, they're far more reliable than any description I could give now (I simply recognize the turns I have to take, but don't know any street names).
Jun 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM

Sorry, "presumably around the end of the Viale towards Venice". I'll never learn to preview.

Search this Thread