Message for Artlover

Search

Message for Artlover

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Message for Artlover

I read your reply to madeleine on 12/26 stating that you have a time share at Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort. We will be staying at that resort 5/1 - 5/8. Any suggestions? It's our first time in Spain and would hate to miss anything. I thought since your "home base" is the same as ours, you could help. Do you know what temps to expect in early May? I hear Marbella is a "dress up" town, would you agree? Thanks.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 12:00 PM

Hi Tracey..sorry I don't have info for you. But I'm interested in how long in advance you booked this resort? I am trying to book it for first week in Oct. (with Interval International) and can't get it.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:58 PM

Tracey,

If you give me your e-mail address, I'll e-mail you lots of information, and you can also check out some of the following websites--spainalive.com, okspain.org, Spanish-living.com, and aboutspain.net.

We've used this as a homebase twice and love it. You do need to rent a car--the smaller the better, and I would don't miss Alhambra in Granada--best to get tickets in advance on the Internet, and if you love modern art, Museo Picasso in Malaga is fabulous and the castle and cathedral and oldtown was a wonderful place to visit. Also recommend going to Ronda and Nerja and some of the white village.

Don't even think for a second you'll be able to see everything in one trip...there's just too much to see...just remember, you can return (I plan to).

Check out weatherunderground.com for weather in May (probably quite warm), and as far as "dress up" in Marbella, well I "dress up" a bit more for Europe in general, except of course if I'm going to the beach, but I mostly wore just nice pants and comfortable shoes (not white tennis shoes) there and was fine.

If you can go to Seville for a few nights before or after Marbella, I'd higly recommend it--it's too far for a day trip but too wonderful to miss.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions if I can and will e-mail you my files.

Have a great trip,
Paula
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:02 PM

P.S. to canuckuphereathome...if you have a request in at II for the Marriott now, a unit may very well become available yet. Also, it helps if you can put in for more than one date. If you get close to Oct. and still don't have it, you should be able to get someplace else--there are lots or places around there. Check out tug2.com for more info on this.

Good luck,
Paula
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Artlover - I'm sure there is an easier way to email directly to you, but I'm a novice. My email address is [email protected] I'd appreciate anything you could send. Thanks for the info!!

Canuckuphereathome - We booked the May trip with II in September. I think we just lucked out that a week was available. Good luck
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 01:26 PM

tracey,
I just e-mailed it--hope you got it.

Have a great trip!

canuckuphereathome,
You might also try the Marriott in Estepona--it's just a few miles from Marbella and (although I haven't stayed there), it's probably very nice too.
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 07:27 PM

Thanks for your response, Paula. I would love to get a copy of your files, but don't know how to email you. Would you suggest flying into Madrid and taking a train to Malaga or flying into Malaga? Also, do you know if it will be warm enough in April to use the beach? Thanks!
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 10:36 AM

shelly,
My e-mail address is [email protected], but you might check out Maribel (do a search with her name)--she probably has better files than I do, but I'd be glad to share mine with you.

Also, check out red2000.com, aboutspain.net, spainalive.com, okspain.org.

As far as flying into Madrid or Malaga, it depends on how much time you have and what you want to see. Also, you could fly into Madrid and see the museums there and do day trips to Toledo and Segovia and take the train to Seville, spend a few nights there, and then go on to Malaga area.

Hope this helps,
Paula