Meeting point in Frankfurt airport

May 28th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Original Poster

Meeting point in Frankfurt airport

A question for you Germany travelers: husband and son are going to World Cup in Germany in late June (lucky them). They are flying separately, husband on AA via LHR and son on Lufthansa non-stop from LAX. Son's flight will arrive at FRA about 3 hours before his father's flight from London. Not being familiar with the FRA airport, they are wondering where they could meet. Would appreciate any suggestions.
May 28th, 2006, 11:31 PM
hsv

As they likely will arrive in different terminals and in order to get a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the airport, I would recommend the lobby of the Sheraton Airport Hotel, which is connected to Terminal 1 by a glass walkway. They also serve some coffee and small snacks in the lobby and of course the person waiting might visit one of the (pricey)restaurants there in the meantime, too.
May 29th, 2006, 12:18 AM

After a so long flight, it will be difficult to wait for more three hours. The Frankfurt airport is close to city and to travel from airport to the hotel will not be difficult or expansive.

I suggest that the son will go directly to the hotel, take the room and wait there for his father.
May 29th, 2006, 12:25 AM

I agree w/ valtor. If you were talking about 30-45 mins or possibly an hour, I might wait at the airport. But w/ so much time between flights, I would definitely head to the hotel, get checked in, clean up a bit, maybe walk around the neighborhood and scope things out -- assuming, of course, they are staying that night in Frankfurt.
May 29th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks - exactly what I was looking for; I will pass the info on to them.