Meeting Place at Heathrow Airport

Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meeting Place at Heathrow Airport

Betty is arriving at Terminal 4. Anne is arriving at Terminal 3. London Heathrow Airport. Need suggestion on where to meet up if one arrives about an hour early.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:47 AM

How about if the person scheduled to arrive the earliest, makes their way to the other terminal, and the two choose a store or restaurant or other facility ahead of time to meet at? You can find a lot of info about heathrow including facilities at their website - http://www.baa.com/main/airports/heathrow/
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:53 AM

Well - terminal 4 is the remote one and is a long wat from the others. There are meeting points in both terms 3 and 4.

if you were both arriving at the same terminal (or at 1,2 or 3 which are essentially next door to each other), I'd advise you to meet there. But with an hour and different carriers etc - I'd probably just go into London and meet my traveling companion at the hotel. A lot nicer for the one arriving early to go to the hotel, check in and freshen up. And easier for the late arriver to just go to the hotel instead of trying to meet up in the hectic arrivals hall at LHR.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:54 AM

oops that should read " a long way . . ." -- and it is a loooong way.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:01 AM

I think you mean "...scheduled to arrive..."

Presumably both of you are arriving off an intercontinental, 8 hrs or more flight. Probably arriving between 5.00 and 8.00. Chances of your both actually emerging from Immigration in the predicted sequence are about the same as my chances of winning the Euro-lottery. So:

T3 is nearer central London and has cafes in its arrival area, after people come through Customs. T4 didn't last week, though I seldom look closely at these things. Both terminals have helpful information desks that will put out a call for someone.

So the T4 person should take the (free) landside train to T3. Depending on whether the T3 person has arrived yet (in which case T3 is having a cup of coffee) or not (in which case T4 person has a cup of coffee), the second arriver puts out a call for the earlier arriver.

And since all this will go wrong (it's Heathrow, after all), one of you sits over her coffee, eye on the boards saying "You friend's flight's arrived/baggage in hall" until you're united.

You then take the bus, train or tube into town.

Though I strongly suggest you don't let a cup of Heathrow coffee be your first experience of Britain. See if they'll do you a bacon sarnie.

Old Feb 19th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Your reply is so very appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to post such a thoughtful and witty response.