MaxJet JFK to London/Stansted share your experience

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just booked two tickets in October with Maxjet JFK to London/Stansted.

Any one care to share their recent experience with Maxjet? Website indicates a perk of a free Radisson Buffet Breakfast upon landing - anyone does this?

Thanks so much.

Sandy
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

ttt - Also will try the airline forum.

Thanks.

Sandy
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 03:45 PM

Sandy - I'm sorry I have no information regarding MaxJet, though we will use them in the future, and maybe SilverJet, as well, instead of the major carriers on which it is more and more difficult to get upgraded seats with miles.

My question regards your second posting: I've seen so many others that say what you did - ttt - and I haven't a clue what it means. Please enlighten?

Sandra
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Sandra3120: Hello and thanks for your reply.

ttt - to the top
When your thread is sinking so far down that you are afraid no one will read if you post ttt this brings the question back to the top.

Sandy
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM

Try doing a search.... someone posted a link a while back to a NY Times (?) article where the author took a couple of these. Overall I recall the review was good. I just wish one of them flew out of Atlanta!
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM

We were looking at the airline for a nonstop flight between Las Vegas and London. We discovered the planes were older and since it was a new airline we were a bit hesitant to fly with them. Do be sure to write back with your experience! We would definitely consider them again in the future.

Do you know about www.airlinequality.com for passenger reviews?

The Maxjet section is here:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/maxjet.htm
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 05:54 AM
DRJ

Sandy: My wife and I flew MaxJet JFK-Stansted a couple of months ago. (I got the tickets on SkyAuction for $911 each, all in.)

We usually fly Delta Biz and thought MaxJet was an equal. Upon landing Stansted we got a free shower at the Radisson. Wonderful. Their lounges were fine, inflight service exceptional, everything smooth. You'll like it!
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

CarolA - yes I did google and the reviews are a bit mixed. However I am hoping it will be a big improvement over our usual coach seats. We fly out of St. Louis with no direct flights to the UK so thought may as well connect thru NYC and on the way back have a long weekend with one of our sons who makes his home there.

travelinwifey - thanks for the link and I will report back as to how it all worked out. We have never been able to upgrade to Business Coach so looking forward to what will be a new experience for us.

DRJ - SkyAuction tickets for $911.00 each - quite amazing. I'll have to check that out. How nice to be able to freshen up with a shower if you so choose. Any other information that you think an old couple in Business Class for the first time may find helpful or need to know? We have made this trip so many times in coach and I had begun to dread the journey. This time I am looking forward to it so hope we are not disappointed.

Thanks everyone.

Sandy