Marbella and Sevilla

Jan 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Marbella and Sevilla

This is our first trip to Spain. We will be visiting in Mid March. What should we expect in terms of weather? What is proper dress for Costa del Sol? Also, what is the best way to get around? Thanks for your help
Jan 28th, 2006, 02:28 PM

well, it's snowing over 80% of the country today, freezing us all to death everywhere..
keep a look out on www.weather.com to see what the forecast is a few days before your flight.

no beach weather, if that is what you wanted to know.

only the very hardy can get in the water at that time of year unless we have a heat wave.

it can be very warm around noon at sidewalk cafés, but layers is the answer as the evenings will be MUCH cooler.

there are so many tourists, i imagine any type dress is proper.

by getting around.. to where?
Jan 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM

Well - Seville is not the Costa del Sol - it's considerably inland.

And in March Marbella should be fine for golf and tennis - but likely not warm enough for beach or swimming.

This should be a great time of year weatherwise for Seville - not yet hot as hell - but I don;t know the date of the feria or festivals - and that could complicate your trip.

Are you planing on staying in both places? (The two cities are about 3 hours apart by car - so quite far for a day trip - but from eiher you could do a dy trip to one or more of the White Towns.)

The best way to get around depends on how many of you there are, what you're planning on doing and where you stay.

(We always stay near Puerto Banus - and you really need a car to get around - but then we do day trips.)
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much. We are staying 2 days in Sevilla and 4 in Marbella. If we can't veg on the beach or by the pool, we will take some day trips. I have heard or read that there is pretty good rail and bus service if you don't want to rent a car.
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:57 AM

Spain has good train service to major cities - but I'm not sure how well Marbella is served as a center for day trips by either bus or train (as a matter of fact we never saw train tracks near Perto Banus). I think for taking day trips to the white towns etc you need either a car or a tour bus.

I would check the details (schedules etc) of this carefully before planning on it.
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:57 PM

You can check this site for transportation details:

http://www.marbella.com/eng/mis.asp?Id=126&l=eng