marbach,germany

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:19 PM
pat

marbach,germany

Does anyone know anything about Marbach, Germany. Any info will help

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Harzer

Which Marbach are you after? There are 8 of them in Germany and one more in Switzerland.<BR>The most famous is the town on the Neckar just north of Stuttgart where the great German poet and dramatist Friedrich Schiller was born. I guess if you do a search you will find relevant information on the net. I imagine his birth house has been preserved and can be visited. But not much more, as he left to attend a military academy when he was 14 or so and didn't go back.<BR><BR>Harzer

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Harzer

Me again Pat.<BR>If you can read German there is a comprehensive site dedicated to this town, showing all the tourist sites, hotels, restaurants etc.<BR>Look under <BR>&lt;www.schillerstadt-marbach.de&gt;<BR><BR>Harzer

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 02:39 AM
paula

it was in the sixtys when Queen Elisabeth from GB visited Germany and Stuttgart area was on her plan. As she was/is a great fan of horses she said to her "tour manager" she wanted to see Marbach. They cabled it to Germany and they make the schedule for this visit. The Queen came to Marbach, she was shown the nice old houses, the one where Schiller was born, the museum, the river Neckar ... Finaly the Queen asked to go to the horses – and everyone was shocked. The Marbach that is known for their horses is about 100 km south, they carried her to the "wrong" Marbach. The Queen was not amused and they say this is the reason she hasnt visited Germany for such a long time. So, Pat, if You dont wanna follow the Queen, give us a line.<BR><BR>Paula

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:16 AM
tom

If you mean the Marbach near Bad Mergentheim/Rothenburg/Creiglingen, there is a good website for that area.Send e-mail if interested.