Manchester U fans - PLEASE help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As many of you know I'm a huge fan of ManU. Up to just recently I had a connection in Manchester to get tickets to the 3-4 games a year I attend. Somehow, I lost the man, and now I'm looking for a new connection.

I do know that I could get tickets before the game, and I don't have a problem with that most of the time, but on occasion, especially when a possible classic is scheduled, like the ManU v Liverpool on Monday night (9/20), it's nice to have a ticket at hand. I will travel 4K miles just for the game and in a situation like this, I would prefer to get a ticket before. I do know the regular scalpers, but I'm not paying $400-500 per ticket.

Anyway, I plead with the wide world of Fodorites, H-E-L-P!!!!!!. If you have access or if you know anybody that does, to ManU home tickets, please, please let me know.(andrzej0614 at aol.com) I'm willing to pay above face value(reasonable) and also buy the drinks before and after the game.

Thanks!!!
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 12:48 AM

Being a Liverpool supporter, I shouldn't have even opened this message, but in the interest of having you watch Liverpool thump Man U in person--

the best way for Americans to get Man U tickets is to join a US-based Man U supporters club. I have friends who have done this in the DC area, and they can get tickets to basically any game they want.

Another avenue to check out is your employer. My husband is able to get tickets to any Liverpool or ManU match through his company's offices in those cities. Sorry--he can't scalp them. We saw the boy beat United at Old Trafford last season. Delightful.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Good morning Ann,

Your boys were the better side last season, but I'm willing to bet the house that ManU will take care of business this time.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. I will look into the US based supporters group and see if that will work.

Still, with the big game coming up in just over a month, if anybody can help, I would really, really appreciate!

Thanks!
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:29 AM

Joining a club in America is a good idea. My uncle lives in the U.S. and gets tickets via post for a lot of international matches and rugby as well. He seems to get great tickets for Matches in Ireland via post through the FAI. He also joined his school rugby and soccer club (I think its considered like a pavillion member) and this gets him access to some tickets for club members.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:45 AM

Hi there, I've a friend who is a big Man U fan. He advises unless you have a contact with access to corporate tickets or a spare season ticket seat then you'll have slim pickins for extra tickets. He advised to join the official supporters club online www.manutd.com. Its around 27GBP per year and you can apply for tickets online. Its first come first served so you need to be quick. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 08:11 AM

Hi AA--things aren't looking good for you boys at the moment with all of your injuries and the Olympics. But you never know with that match. It's like the Merseyside derby. Form and everything else never seems to matter.

Unfortunately we can't make it to that match, but we are going to Anfield for the Man City match to watch Liverpool vs. 11 former Liverpool players.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

<b>Ann</b>

I just read that ManU is taking a very serious second look at Rooney. With all the injuries, Fergie is putting pressure on the board to let him have some more money to possibly bring the boy in.

Also, I will visit my Belfast friends in Nov/Dec. Would love to have a pint or 2 with you. Let me know if it's a possibility.

Old Aug 7th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Still looking for help!
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:52 AM

Hi AA. I'll e-mail you later on about November. Doing some traveling then, but haven't nailed down dates. I'll be in touch.

I'd say good luck tonight, but...