Reload this Page >

manchester airport to train station

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2002, 11:05 AM
BettyTom

I will be flying in to Manchester Airport in June. How long will it take to go though customs and how do I get to the train station from the air port? I will be leaving on the train to go to Conwy,Wales. Thank you for any information.

Old May 5th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Alec

You will probably be arriving at Terminal 2. Going through immigration and customs is a breeze, and should take less than 30 minutes. There is a station at the airport, connected to the terminals with a moving walkway (maybe 10 minutes from Terminal 2). From there you can catch a train to Crewe, where you change for Conwy (takes about 2 hours).

Old May 6th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Betty Tom

Thanks, Alex. One more Question. please. Is there a non-stop train that I can board from the air port? I may be a little groggy by time I reach Manchester and I do not want to end up in Timbucktu[as we say in the South]. Thank you for your fast reply and information.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Gregory

Hi,<BR><BR>According to the railtrack timetable (www.railtrack.co.uk) click on timetables and enter the details you will probably have to change trains at least once (Crewe) or twice ( Manchester Picadilly sation and in Wales) <BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Gregory

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Betty Tom

Hi Gregory and Alec, You have provided me with valuable information. One more question now[later more?]. What will the weather be like the last of June and first of July in the Cotswals and Wales. I live in the South and it is already 87 degrees today. Will it be this hot there in June-July? I appreciate you time in answering my questions. BT<BR>

Old May 8th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Alec

Predicting a likely weather in Britain is very much a lottery. In June/July, it could be very warm (in the 80's), pleasantly warm (70's), cool (60's) and coldish (50's). In recent years, June/early July had sunnier and warmer days than August. You should always be prepared for some rain, umbrella or light rainwear with hood (the latter if you do any sort of walking/hiking) and good sturdy shoes. I would wear a T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt and a light jacket, and have a pullover and rainwear in the pack in case it turns cool or wet.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 12:02 PM
Betty Tom

More questions. Is there a bus or a train that I can catch at Manchester Airport that will take me to Wales non stop? My daughter can pick me up at Llandudno Junction or Northop or Holywell. She will be driving from Scotland down to Conwy. I would appreciate and help I can get.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 12:36 PM
Alec

There is no non-stop train service to Wales from Manchester Airport. All necessiate at least one change, usually at Crewe.<BR>There is direct coach service to Chester and Wrexham. You have to change at Chester coach station (near the cathedral) for Llandudno Junction and Holywell. Schedule at www.gobycoach.com<BR><BR>Could you daughter not pick you up in Chester, which isn't far from Northop or Holywell (both small places)? Take the sign for city centre from M53, and then for coach station when you get to a large roundabout with a fountain in the middle. You go through a one-way system and soon see the coach station on your right. There is limited parking there as well.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:07 PM
BettyTom

Thanks Alec!! You're great!! I'll talk to my daughter and see if this works.