theatre tickets

Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:44 PM
cindy

theatre tickets

Any tips on buying London Theatre tickets online?

Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:11 PM
Patrick

Yes. Book them by calling (remember the old fashioned telephone?) direct and getting your tickets from the exact theatre boxoffice. If you want to pay an extra $10 to $15 per ticket, then book on line with one of the agencies, but the London Theatre boxoffices will reserve your tickets and hold them for you at the door for absolutely no extra fee. This is really the best way to go unless you have money to throw away.
Go to www.officiallondontheatre.com.uk and get the phone number of each box office. If you want, go to www.albemarle-london.com and print off a seating chart for your theatre so you know specifically where the seats are.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:20 PM
Meg

I agree with calling the theatre direct -- from the US it's a very nominal fee to do so. We want to see "Mamma Mia" so I called to get tickets. They'll hold them in Will Call for us. Prior to calling I checked www.theatremonkey.com for seating recommendations -- they have the theatres and seating with comments on where it's best to sit. Worked great for us! Good luck.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:15 PM
Myer

We called for MFL and the tickets arrived (to South Florida) 5 days after calling. The extra charge was all of 2 pounds over the ticket price.

Cheaper then were the tickets we then bought at TKTS in Leicester Sq.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:36 PM
wendy

Patrick,

I tried using that web sight www.officiallondontheatre.com.uk and I couldn.t get through. Is there another web sight or am I missing something in the one you posted. I am trying to find the box office of the Globe Theatre.

Wendy

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:38 PM
Patrick

Oops. I'm very sorry. Drop the m on com. It is www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk

Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:09 PM
Cindy

Definitely check out the monkeytheatre website! I didn't find out about it until after I made a reservation, and then saw that we had less than wonderful seats. (I am not phased, however. It will still be a wonderful experience!)