Malta In January?

Jul 13th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Malta In January?

We are looking for a place for a week in the middle of January. We don't want COLD weather; rain is ok.
Anyone been there in Jan/Feb?

Also looking for a lodgin for 4 people with a kitchen. Not too particular about where as long as it's got some good sight-seeing. We are into history.
Jul 13th, 2007, 09:34 AM

About 10 years ago we went to Malta in February for 10 days. Loved it. Lots of history. Great buses. Click on my name for a number of posts about Malta. In answer to one of your questions, the weather was like very nice New England spring weather -- cool in am down to tee shirts by afternoon. Had been rainy the week before we went, as I recall. We stayed in a hotel in Sliema, so I can't help on the "lodging for 4 people w/ a kitchen" issue.
Jul 13th, 2007, 09:41 AM

Malta is about as far south as you can get in Europe; as a matter of fact, it's south of some places in Tunisia.

It should be easy to find self-catering accommodations on Malta; it's among the favourite places for the British.
Jul 13th, 2007, 12:41 PM
JP

When we were there (January '04) it was quite nice during the day, but rather chilly at night.

For lodging, take a look at http://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk/
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:57 AM

My friends in Gozo said they were in their summer clothes last January. I stayed on the Island of Gozo at http://desert-rose-flats.tripod.com/index.htm