Reload this Page >

Malaspina in Florence

Search

Malaspina in Florence

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 01:48 PM
darlene

Malaspina in Florence

Does anyone know about this hotel. Piazza Indipendenza, 24. I have done a search on it, and I can't find it on this board. The website was nice and the write up on CondeNast (concierge.com) was as follows:<BR>"This palazzo, which is located on a beautiful and elegant piazza, was redesigned at the end of the 19th century, and now has a collection of comfortable and well-appointed rooms. It also boasts a prime location - just a few minutes from the historic centre of town and only 5 minutes from the main station." It was 185 euros per night, so I'm interested in any feedback.Rooms, location, etc.<BR><BR>

Old May 18th, 2002, 03:21 PM
darlene

Lets try this again. Maybe its new?

Old May 18th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Ann

Try this web site: http://www.firenzealbergo.it/dettagl...=78&LINGUA=ENG.

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Holly

Darlene: Chances are it is new, or maybe it's not. Either way, it looks nice from the website, location is good. A block or 2 farther north than where I prefer to stay, but you'd still be "right there". I'd go for it, if it looks good to you. The fact that nobody on this board has posted about it doesn't mean a thing. At least you haven't seen any negative posts!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 01:59 PM
darlene

I just returned from my stay at this hotel, so I decided to close the loop and give my feedback on it. The hotel was OK. The decor was very nice, the room was very large, decorated nicely, and clean. The breakfast was more of the "American Continental" rather than the roll and coffee version of other Italian hotels. The location was a bit out of the way. We were very close to the Mercanto Central, and San Lorenzo streets, but would have liked to have been closer to the action.(Duomo, Uffuzi, etc.) The park across the street was nice in the morning, and afternoon. At night it got a little creepy, but we still felt relatively safe walking alone. All of this would have been ok, except the front desk folks were pretty indifferent. I don't expect folks go overboard. But when we arrived the front desk didn't even say hello. When we walked in, the front desk clerk was on the phone. When he finally got off he looked at us and said, "Passports please", "Sign here please", then "Follow me". The entire 3 days went about the same. (It wasn't a language problem, they spoke fluent English) If this hotel had a better front desk, the other items I mentioned would be acceptable. FOr 185 euros, you could probably find a place that actually cared if you stayed or not. If your not bothered by those types of things, check a map, and if the location looks good to you, book it.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 06:33 PM
cathy

We just returned from Italy and stayed at the Malispena for 3 nights while in Florence. The room was large, with a high ceiling, and a big bathroom. The staff was fine---not super-friendly, but good enough. We didn't feel it was too far out of the way----we walked to practically everything.The main thing was that it was air-conditioned and quiet, with a comfortable bed----- that is what we really want after a long day of sightseeing! We loved a restaurant down the street called Il Messere. We ate there one night, and it was so good we went back the next night. Almost everyone there had been there the night before, and had also come back!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:44 AM
topper

topping