Mala Strana or Old Town

Apr 27th, 2001, 02:27 PM
vicki

Mala Strana or Old Town

When staying in Prague, would you suggest the Old Town area or Mala Strana? It's our first time over, and both areas sound nice. Thanks in advance for any imput! Vicki

Apr 27th, 2001, 05:34 PM

Apr 27th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Débora

Old Town is very beautiful, but we stayed at Mala Strana, that is twice beautiful and well located. We were there last July and if you want, e-mail me, and I'll be very happy to share another information with you.

Débora

Apr 30th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Christina

I agree that both areas are nice and you can't go too wrong either way, assuming you stay closer to a metro or tram stop or just across the river in the Mala Strana section so it is easy to go to Old Town. Personally, I preferred Old Town and would stay there, mainly because the things I wanted to do at night were music-related (concerts, opera) and took place in Old Town so it was easier for transportation and getting back to my hotel. Old Town was more versatile for other options and activities, also, to me (close to ticket offices, dept stores, bus tours to towns outside city, cybercafes, etc). I think it depends on what you want to do at night, etc. I was also alone and did not want to be roaming around Prague that much at night by myself, so wanted a hotel closer to the things I was doing.

Apr 30th, 2001, 01:02 PM
victoria

Both areas are touristy, perhaps more so in Old Town. After a long day of sight seeing, it was a pleasant respite to hop on a tram to the Mala Strana area. Our hotel was slightly off the beaten path, and overlooked Kinsky Gardens. I was with my husband in the evenings, and felt perfectly safe walking the block-and-a-half to our hotel.

May 1st, 2001, 06:55 PM
Deb

Christina, I think you had helped me out with some hotel information prior to your trip, I would love to hear the high points and how the hotel was. I will also be traveling to Prague on my own in June. You can e-mail me directly. Thanks

Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:04 PM
SuSu

ttt