Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Prague: Arcadia Residence vs. Arcadia Old Town

Feb 20th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Original Poster

Hello,

Was wondering whether anyone could tell me whether the Arcadia Residence is the same as the Arcadia Old Town? If not, what's the difference? Location? Owners?

Anyone stayed in either or both? Recommendations?

Also heard that there are also Arcadia apartments in Mala Strana?

Thanks for the help.
May 16th, 2009, 04:25 PM

topping
Dec 15th, 2009, 04:46 AM

This thread didn't get a response, but I'd like to try again.

Has anyone stayed at any of the Arcadia Residences? Trip Advisor is glowing, but would anybody elaborate on their experiences at any of them and insight on the pros and cons of staying at the location south of the Old Town?
Dec 15th, 2009, 10:06 AM

The Arcadia residence and arcadia Old town are as far as i am aware separate places,the Old town location is superb but will be much more expensive that the AR.
In saying that the area the AR is in is one of my favourite areas of the city Vysehrad,which is the older part of the fortified city,but more of a parkland area with some lovely views.I don't know the AR but would presume from my map that it is below the Vysehrad walls and therfore not able to get the views you would get higher up.(someone may be able to correct me on this)
You would not be far from trams to get you into the heart of the city within 5 or 10 minutes.
I think if you asked about this on the Trip Advisor Prague forum ,you may get the info you seek as it is a far more active forum than this is.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowFor...e_Bohemia.html
Dec 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM

I stayed at Arcadia Old Town in October. it's everything you read on Trip Advisor. I liked the fact that it was literally a stone's throw from the old town square while being very quiet. We had a large apartment at Kozna 6. Breakfast was served at the cafeteria across the covered passage. One day, we walked to Vysehrad along the river. As Unclegus mentioned, you have lovely views up in the park but I don't believe you have the same in the town.

Both Arcadia Residence and Arcadia Old Town have the same owners. As mentioned in the reviews on TA, Pasquale is a superb host. He arranged transfers to and from the airport, provided a train schedule after we mentioned we were going to visit Karlstein Castle, made a point every morning of enquiring if all was well.

I would definitely stay there again. I recommend Arcadia Old Town over the Vysehrad location because of its closeness to the major sights in the city.
Dec 15th, 2009, 08:53 PM

" I recommend Arcadia Old Town over the Vysehrad location because of its closeness to the major sights in the city."
I would certainly agree with travginny on this.
Most of this area of the city is pedestrianised and great to walk around,some great bars and resturants right on the doorstep.
When are you hoping to vist and for how long?
I will be back in Prague in May 2010 for a week (visiting the Beer Festival)