Madrid White Night, Sept 22

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those in Madrid next Saturday will find many places, including major Museums, open all night, as a White Night Programe is being held. There shall be street performances as well. The main link with list of activities is:
http://lanocheenblanco.esmadrid.com/...n.do?idioma=en
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 05:07 AM

thaks josele.. i had seen this and am trying to get someone to go with! we had one of these in valencia nd i really enjoyed it, but it was very easy for me to get around.

Madrid, being so big.. one might have to try to stay in one or two areas, since if it is anything like valencia.. the lines were VERY long, as were the waits to get into some of the top projects.

do you have a "circuit" or top activities you think are not to be missed?
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

No Lina, this is new to me. I just heard it on the radio and thought it could be useful to some traveller already there. I do not think I shall be there. There is something similar in Seville.
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 08:21 AM

Hi Lin,

I only hope that it is better organized than last year.

Queues were horrendous, and the traffic jams were quite bad. We ended up staying in the Chueca area (mostly because we had gone out for dinner there). We tried to get down to the Reina Sofia, and after seeing the queues turned around and get back to look for a decent bar.

This time, it seems that Matadero Madrid has some good things going on. Also, I think that I would like to visit the Teatro Real.

Cova
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 03:19 PM

turns out i canŽt go now anyway.. but i was not able to see all i wanted in valenica, either, due to the good publc response, and the limited seating or permitted sized groups..
so.. the lines were horrendous here, too, but we had a lot of street/park animation that was very good and easy to watch and follow.

i guess iŽll just have to read about this one!!
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 02:05 AM
car

Last year I believe the first time that happened in Madrid, it was a successful disaster.
Traffic, lines, overcrowded etc..
My suggestion for this one is not to focus in the main city sites, but alternatively in "Minor" in size sites and specialy on the ones that are not easy to visit in normal times.