Search

Madrid hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Beth

Madrid hotel

Please recommend your favorite hotel in Madrid that is located in a tourist area and would be safe for a single female traveller. I would like to spend around 100USD.<BR>Thank you.

Old May 7th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Bill Fleites

Hi Martha,<BR>I've used the following Madrid hotel:<BR><BR>Hotel Carlos V<BR>Maestro Vitoria, 5 <BR>28013 Madrid, Spain<BR>Metro: Sol <BR>Tel: (011-34) 91 531 4100 <BR>Fax: (011-34) 91 531 3761 <BR>Email: [email protected]<BR>Website: http://www.hotelcarlosv.com<BR><BR>It is very centrally located near La Puerta del Sol, very clean comfortable rooms, with an excellent breakfast.<BR>

Old May 7th, 2002, 05:03 PM
BoredMan

Better check out the government travel warnings first. This area is quite dangerous at night....I have been there and most tourists clear the area by sundown....Of course, this would be true of any other area, But locals tend to walk central Madrid

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Vanessa

Don't know what boredman is talking about...he must be really bored. Anyway, I stayed at Hotel Europa in the center of Puerta Del Sol for about $60 a night (for a double). Very safe area with a lot of nightlife. Extremely clean place. Only problem--I had a bit of a noise issue since I am a very light sleeper. Do a text search on this hotel, and you'll find a lot of info.

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Julie

We stayed at Atlantic on Gran Via, just a block or two from Carlos V. Wonderful, clean, attractive hotel with nice rooms and a lovely breakfast room for about $90 per night US. Gran Via is a nice main thoroughfare with lots of people always around. Hotel is Best Western and very comfortable. We liked it a lot. Amazed at value for cost.