Search

madrid hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 09:36 AM
joanna

madrid hotel

My husband and I are trying to decide between the Hotel Mora and Hotel Carlos V in Madrid (or another?). We would like charm and good location without a high price. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Espana

Carlos V has a good location

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Kathleen

Hi Joanna, <BR> <BR>I loved the Hotel Mora. It's reasonably priced, about 1 block from the Prado and the Reina Sofia, across from the Botanical Gardens, the staff is charming, and our room was lovely. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip, <BR>Kathleen

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 02:54 AM
Richard

Stayed at Carlos V two years ago for coupke of nights. <BR>Rooms quite small, location very good for our purposes, free transport to/from hotel, clean, breakfast included, reasonable price. <BR>We usually select hotels for place to sleep and look for location. Many places easy walking distance. <BR>I can send you a "report" I made for a friend planning a visit. May be of help to you. If you want a copy --- complete with typographic errors --- let me know <BR>Carlos V filled our bill. <BR>Richard

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 05:49 AM
Mickey

Hotel Tryp Fenix home of the Hard Rock Cafe Madrid and hotel where the beatles stayed when the came to invade spain .

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 11:37 AM
sadie

Mickey, do you ever recommend a hotel that isn't a part of the Tryp chain?

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 11:48 AM
MICKEY

SADIE YES ! also I am A stock holder can't help it I have five star taste! mickey

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Jo

Going to Madrid for 2 nites 2/28 out 3/2 and can't decide between the Mora @$60 or the Agumar @$120. Location about the same but hubby thinks it's safer in higher priced hotel. I would rather save money for fun and food and drink! Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Speed of the essence!!

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:27 AM
Thomas

We stayed at the Carlos V five times and loved the convenience and price. Plus a great free breakfast with fun service people. We plan to return in July. Local surroundings may not be too upscale, but well worth a visit. We always prefer street views despite some noise. It doesn't bother us.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 10:16 PM
John

Have stayed several times at Hotel Carlos V. Rooms are small but very clean. Very centrally located on a pedestrian only street & close to many shops. Only a 5 minute walk to the famous Puerta del Sol & the nearby Plaza Mayor.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 02:58 AM
barbara

Do try the Carlos V! The people there are very friendly, the rooms are indeed not too large, but being right in the pedestrian area, with the Corte Ingles (major department store) around the corner and the feel of the city is great. (especially early in the morning) <BR>Only one thing: it is definitely a taxi hotel, we came by car and unloading luggage in front of the hotel is almost impossible (remember: pedestrian area!) <BR>otherwise its fine. <BR>have fun, barbara

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Elaine

It was said that there is free transportation to/from the hotel. Free from what location? Train station, airport or where?

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Richard

Transportation form hotel to airport free. (We took this) Told from airport to hotel also froo. <BR>Check website (This is a Best Western chain <BR>Richard