Madrid aparthotels

Search

Madrid aparthotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madrid aparthotels

Can you recommend an aparthotel in Madrid (near Plaza Santa Ana)?

I'm kicking myself for losing a bookmark to a sight I can no longer find that listed a lot of aparthotels in Madrid. I've searched Fodor's and SlowTrav and I've Googled to no avail.

The one I've found so far is Apartamentos Principe, which would be okay, but I'd like to know if there are any alternatives in the area.

I'm looking into apartment rentals as well, but since we have an early flight out of Madrid, the departure procedures for most rental agencies won't work for us (unless the rental agencies can be more flexible than their faqs seem to indicate).

Thank you.
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 07:42 AM

hi phyllis,
you'll probably pay a surcharge for an early check-out with this apartment:
http://www.waytostay.com/Madrid-apar...n-214-2391.htm
but it is in the area you're looking for.
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM

You could check out the following:

http://www.aparthotellosjeronimos.com/
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM

When/how long/how many people/what price?
Principe apts are very basic and noisy if you get an exterior one.The best one is the large family apt.I recommend them all the time to friends-depends on your personal comfort zone.Great location.Make the online reservation ASAP-you can always cancel it!
The San Jeronimos are behind/ up from the Prado, closer to the park Retiro,away from Plaza Santa Ana.Good safe/quiet area but about double the price of Principe.The pool is only for the suite!Very upscale neighborhood. It involves going up/down the hill.Not really close to any metro.
I stay in an apt every summer and make all the arrangements the day before checking out so leaving early is not a problem.
Supply more specific info and I'll try to come up with some more apts for you.
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, all.

There are just three of us: my husband, our son, and I. We are staying for a week in November.

I would have loved the Prado or Salamanca areas, but we need to be near where others in our group are staying.

I was leaning towards an actual apartment -- since the prices I've seen are a little lower than the Principe apartments and seem a bit nicer -- but I was concerned about the early check-out. I was hoping to find something for around 100E per night. Basic is fine. We have earplugs; our little boy can sleep through most anything!

Chapla, you've stayed at apartments where early check-out was okay? Can you tell me which agencies you've used?

I do appreciate everyone's help.