Lyon airport to Lyon train station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone asked this question on an older Forum but then people were discussing taking a trip from Paris to Lyon. We will be flying into Lyon airport and need to go to the train station to catch a train to Marseille. Some notes I have seen said that it was a five minute walk from the airport across to the train station. Another note I have seen said it's a 30 - 40 minute tram ride. Does anyone know for sure?
Thank you!
N
Old Jul 6th, 2017, 09:05 PM

You'll need to take some means of transportation, like the Rhonexpress, to connect from the airport to the train station (Lyon Part-Dieu) - https://www.rhonexpress.fr/en. Depending on how many people you have or your preference, if you take an Uber like I did most recently in March it'll be about 40 euro.
Old Jul 6th, 2017, 09:29 PM

Obvious question, I take it you have already checked www.trainline.eu for direct trains from Lyon St Exupéry to Marseille?

Then you don't need the city centre at all. There aren't that many, but there are some.

Remember that cheap tickets mean specific train only, no changes or refunds, so allow loads of time for flight delays OR accept you'll pay the top whack flexible fare for the next train after you land.
Old Jul 6th, 2017, 09:30 PM

Lyon St Exupéry = Lyon airport, of course!
Old Jul 7th, 2017, 08:07 AM

If you have to go to Part Dieu, it's very easy taking the airport Rhonexpress tram, which is just 50 meters in front of the station. If you are going to the TGV gare at the airport, it's about a 300-400 meters walk.
Old Jul 7th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

There are two in our party. We are going to part Duex to catch a train through Marseille to Cassis. N
Old Jul 8th, 2017, 06:47 AM

well, then you should take the Rhonexpress. I suppose it takes about 30-40 minutes to Part Dieu, sounds about right. You can't miss the signs to it and there are ticket machines just before you leave the airport for it. Those machines even take American credit cards without chip and PIN. The ticket is 16 euro. If you buy one online in advance, it's about 15 euro.