Reload this Page >

Lunch in Capri??? In August???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:58 PM
L

Is it worth the transportation time, hydrofoil trip, etc. to have lunch in Anacapri? Is the boat trip enjoyable or scenic? Thanks

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:50 AM
t

topping

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 11:28 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 11:49 AM
lbb

My husband and I just got back from Italy. We took a day trip to Capri. I loved it. He was indifferent. It is a bit of a tourist trap but I love beautiful landscapes and Capri is definately that. We picked up a lunch at one of the many Cafes and ate out on the beach. We didn't make it to Anacapri, the other side of the island, so I am unable to fill you in. I can tell you that it was one of our most expensive days in Italy. It was totally worth it for me but again my husband wasn't thrilled.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Dianne

I've never been there is August, but the views from Anacapri are fabulous. The ferry ride is enjoyable and scenic although once I nearly got seasick. I'd probably pick up a couple of sandwiches and a bottle of wine or something in Sorrento and eat in a little piazza or park rather than a restaurant.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 10:38 PM
L

Thank you!

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Pam

Just returned from Amalfi Coast Italy, in June took the ferry to Capri for the day, it's touristy, exp. we loved being in Amalfi,Positano,& Praiano alot more. But had to say we'd been there! The ferry ride was like any boat ride, the view not as nice as around the above towns though. Enjoy!

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Dan

We went to Anacapri and it is OK. However I think the views from Capri are as good. I would save the money.Both places are LOADED with tourists.