Luggage Storage at Orvieto?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a search on old threads here regarding this and it says that there is not a luggage storage facility at the train station at Orvieto, but those posts are from 2007. Looking at the trenitalia site, it says that it is available. I did some other searches online and one forum (I think it was on Rick Steves, but I can't be sure) said that there used to be a facility at Orvieto, but not anymore. But that post is from 2008.

Has anyone been there recently that could confirm which information is correct? I don't know whether to go with what the trenitalia site says or go with the 2 year old posts that says it isn't available. Depending on the answer, it would change my itinerary slightly.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

In case anyone wants to see the trenitalia section where it says they have a luggage deposit, here it is so you won't have to go searching for it:

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/inde...003f16f90aRCRD
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 07:16 PM

So sorry--was JUST there but didn't check, because I was staying over. I would think so, reflecting on the general size and layout, but can't swear to it.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I seem to remember a sign in the station about luggage storage when I was there last fall (it was either Orvieto or Chiusi, but I think it was Orvieto). It's a very small station and it appeared you would just leave your luggage with the ticket agent as there really isn't anywhere else. See if your hotel can find out, but I would think if it's listed on Trenitalia they have it.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Looking at the trenitalia site, it doesn't look like Chiusi has luggage storage.

Hmmmm...maybe the luggage storage at Orvieto is fairly new then? We'll see!
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 10:47 AM

During the summer of 2007 Hotel Picchio, which is close to the Orvieto Train Station. was willing to store travellers luggage for a fee.

Here is their contact information:

http://www.bellaumbria.net/hotel-Pic...ttarci_eng.htm

I would not be 100% certain the the Orvieto Train station has luggage storage..often Italian websites are not always accurate. I would contact the Hotel Picchio to ask if they still offer the luggage storage service as that would be a good back up if they do and the the train station doesn't. Best regards.
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the head's up on Hotel Picchio. I sent an email to them and they still offer luggage storage for about 4-5 Euros a day.

When I get back from my trip, I'll provide an update regarding the luggage storage at the Orvieto train station to let everyone know if it does indeed have one or not!
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

As promised, I have the info regarding luggage storage at the train station in Orvieto as I went there yesterday. Hopefully this will help others on this website if they search for it!

So, the trenitalia site is not really 100% accurate, like I thought. There is luggage storage available, but not at the station itself. The sign at the station says to go to hotel picchio (as mentioned above).
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 08:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for reporting back. I remembered the sign, but didn't really pay attention to it since I wasn't going to store luggage. What did the hotel charge?
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

I didn't end up using the luggage storage as I made a change in plans. I emailed the hotel before I left and I have the notes at home. I'll post again when I get home and let you know the exact price. Off the top of my head, it was around 5€ or 6€
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Found my notes:

The email I received from Hotel Picchio states the cost is 4-5 Euros per bag. Not sure why they didn't just say exactly 4 or 5 euros, but maybe it could be according to the size of the bag.