Luggage Storage at Marco Polo

Old Sep 29th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Luggage Storage at Marco Polo

I hope someone can pt me in the right direction to get info on whether there is a luggage storage service at the Venice aiport. We are flying into Venice and spending 3 days before driving to Tuscany and don't want to lug our large bags with us into Venice. I was originally looking at sending our large baggage home after the London leg of our trip before we arrive in Italy but I've been told that just won't be possible by my better half.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 12:26 PM

Newbies, Yes, there is a "left luggage" area right inside the far left entrance at the airport. We just used it last week and it worked out wonderful for us. I believe the fee was E4.00 a day. I think the hours they are open are 05:00 to 23:00. The car rentals are right there at the airport as well, just a few steps from the left luggage area. Have a wonderful trip, we loved Venice! Shirley
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 12:27 PM

I recently inquired about shipping luggage back to the states, be prepared to spend nearly 200 dollars per bag 40 lb. limits,then 5 dollars a pound over. The companies name is I.P.S. as far as leaving them at the airport I would doubt that would be possible.Good luck,I.P.S. has a website check them out.
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 12:29 PM

Luv to roam just read your message .Can you leave the luggage there for days? I am very surpised,pleasently I must say.
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 12:41 PM

Miaspapa, as far as I know, as long as you pay, you can leave it there. I was more than willing to pay. I was tickled too as Venice was our last stop and it seemed silly to drag that second bag through the walks of Venice! They don't really "advertise" this, it took some searching to find out if I could really do this. We dropped our rental car there and that extra piece of luggage and it was a seamless procedure! Shirley