luggage

Apr 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Original Poster

luggage

has anyone purchased and used the Rick Steves travel bag (ad in the back of his guidebooks and on his website)that is on wheels, and is supposed to fit carry on requirements and fit 1-2 weeks worth of stuff. traveling to provence for 2.5 wks. I will be packing frugally and plan to use a hotel laundry service midway so i can pack less. Anyone used this bag before?
Apr 28th, 2006, 09:17 PM

I have the RS 21-inch roll-aboard if that's the one you're talking about. I haven't used it yet, but it looks really nice, and I'm planning on taking that and a flight bag as my only luggage for 3 weeks.
Apr 29th, 2006, 06:50 AM

A LOT depends on which airline(s) you are using.

On British, Virgin and many of the small intra-Europe airlines, that will not be a carry on. They usually have pretty stict weight requirements - for instance 6 kilo (13 lbs) on BA/Virgin.

So while the size is OK you still might have to check it. If you are on most other major airlines yes - you can carry it on. (BTW there is nothing magic about the rick steves bag. Any 21 inch bag will hold enough for 2 weeks -- or 6 weeks for that matter)
Apr 29th, 2006, 07:23 AM

I own the rolling bag and I am very pleased with it. I traveled three weeks with it last March and it handled beautifully.

Apr 29th, 2006, 08:20 AM
rex

See http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34796591

Best wishes,

Rex