Loved Montecatini Terme

Search

Loved Montecatini Terme

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loved Montecatini Terme

We were looking for a base in Tuscany, to visit all main attractions (Florence, Pisa, Lucca and the seaside) and Montecatini Terme it's right in the middle of all places.

The town is very charming with a lot of nice restaurants and shops. We were walking also late at night and we always felt very safe.

Besides we stayed at a very charming hotel, called Hotel La Riviera and from there within a walking distance we went to the bus or train station, and from there within an hour in Florence or Pisa.

Excellente!!

Anybody else's been to Montecatini?

Old Jul 7th, 2007, 12:20 PM

Just returned from Lucca and sorry I did not get to include this town, but will be sure to include it next trip, since we fell in love with the area!
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 01:57 PM

Went to Montecatini Terme a few years ago for a week, also visited Montecatini Alto and loved both so very much. On the latter one, we took the bus UP and then down on the cogwheel. Beautiful area and as you mention, right in the middle of things. Halfpint
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 02:01 PM

Hmmm Paul,
Your first post and you are plugging---I smell advertising.
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 02:05 PM

I agree: I suspect "Paul" is really "Paolo" and owns Hotel La Riviera. His English is a wee bit wonky...
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM

But whatever his motives, he's right in his recommendation. Montecatini Terme is a terrific town. A little throw back to gentler times where old folks in suits (both men and women) and sensible heeled shoes walk about with their hands clasped behind their backs and take in the atmosphere while they take in the waters. It's beautiful, genteel, and a throwback to the Art Nouveau era. I love it.
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually missed the hotel recommendation while concentrating on the comments about MT. We've visited the town and considered staying there as a base for northern Tuscany. It is charming and a nice size (not too big, not too small).

"His English is a wee bit wonky." I agree, but I've read worse posts written by grammar- and spelling-challenged English speakers.
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 05:49 PM

Perhaps the editors here should include a warning in their registration to new posters that if they mention a hotel name in their first post ever, they will be accused of advertising.

I don't know if this particular person is advertising, or not, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's getting tired of this this finger-pointing crap.
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Dear bobthenavigator and Zerlina, I've always thought the purpose of the forum was to give good, genuine tips to other Fodorites and not to check the grammar or the spelling of all messages.

And again, bobthenavigator and Zerlina, what about your posts:

Author: bobthenavigator
Date: 07/07/2007, 01:53 pm
You are getting good advice here. I would drive to Como but maybe stay in Menaggio rather than Bellagio for more flexibility and easier access.
As for the AC, I would stay in 2 places but not 3 in that time. A good report for you can be found at www.onelittleworld.com--look at the Campania trip. That is my son and his family.

Author: Zerlina
Date: 06/30/2007, 11:01 pm
If you Google >trullo agriturismo<, you'll find lots of possibilities, such as this one outside Alberobello:

http://www.trullocasarosa.it/ITA/bedandbreakfast.htm

So once again, I recommend anyone looking for a perfect base in Tuscany, the town of Montecatini Terme.

Ciao
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 04:08 PM

You miss the point.
It was your first and only post.