Looking for nice hotel in 9th district

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to find a 4 star hotel in Paris' 9th district. I need to be about a 20 minute or so walk to synagogues and kosher restaurants. Any information?
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 07:09 PM

1. If those are your criteria, why don't you want to stay in the 4ème?

2. You do realize that the "star" system of hotel classification is different in France from in the USA, right?
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 05:33 AM

There are many, many hotels in the 9th but very few palace, 4 star hotels. The one that comes to mind is Le Grand Intercontinental right on Pl. de l'Opera. The 9th has the 2nd largest Jewish center and most of the synagogues are a few hundred yards East of the Opera between Rue Richer and Rue Lamartine.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 05:58 AM

I haven't looked them up, but I also was going to say that there just aren't very many 4* hotels in the 9th. The ones that exist would be near the Opera, which isn't remotely like the rest of the 9th arrondisement. I'll have to look some up, there might be something around the auction house.

I think the 9th is perhaps the biggest Jewish district, people think it is the Marais, but that is historical, not for current residents or synagogues. I believe the Grand Synagogue is near Peletier or Notre Dame de Lorette metro stops, and another is near Cadet. Of course, you could easily walk to them in 20 minutes from near the Opera or Gare St Lazare area.

I've stayed in that area several times and really like it, but not in a 4* hotel, that's the problem. I'll have to look up the 4* hotels in that area and see if there are any logical choices.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 06:05 AM

Hi arlenesmy and Christina,

I have a question for you-
We are going to Paris in a few days (first time)and my husband would like to visit Chabad. has tried contacting them to no avail.Would you know anything about this?

Thought I would ask...Thanks!
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 07:01 AM

okay, I checked out the official list and there are several possible choices of 4* hotels in the 9th. There are even a couple 4*L, one that is very near the Grand Synagogue but I'm not sure it has opened yet. It is possible it could have good rates if it is new, though, so might be worth checking.

These are the 4* hotels in the 9th:

Le Petit Manoir, 11 rue Montholon (Poissoniere metro)
www.hotelpetitmanoir.com

Villa Opera Drouot, 2 rue Geoffroy Marie (Grands Boulevards metro)
www.leshotelsdeparis.com

Best Western Premier l'Horset, 18 rue d'Antin (near dept stores)
www.horsetopera.com

BW Astra Opera, 25 rue Caumartin (also near dept stores)
www.astotel.com

Opera Edouard VII, 39 ave de l'Opera
www.edouard7hotel.com

Ambassador Concorde, 16 bd Haussmann (near dept stores) www.hotelambassador-paris.com

Intercontinental Le Grand (near opera)

Millenium Paris Opera, 12 bd Haussmann (Drouot metro)
http://www.millenniumhotels.com

There are a couple more, but not in as good location for what you want (like the Pavillon de Paris near Liege metro), and a few on the border of the 2nd near the Opera, of course.

the 4*L luxury hotels are the Sofitel Le Scribe, and the new one I mentioned which is actually near the Grand Synagogue, the Banke at 20 rue Lafayette (scheduled to open early 2009), see www.derbyhotels.com

I think the first two I listed are perhaps the best locations, unless you do want some of those near the Opera, that should be within 20 minutes walk.

For kosher restaurants, see kosher.online.fr where you can list them by arrondisement. The Marais area (rue des Rosiers) does have a couple, of course, and you might want to see that area, but there are more in the 9th. Actually, the most seem to be in the 19th arr. You might already have a list of those, I'm sure there are several websites with that info.

I don't really know about visiting Chabad centers, if you've tried contacting them, not sure what else to suggest. ONe of their centers is on rue Lamartine in the 9th, very near the hotels I was talking about. This is their website, but maybe you already have it, it has some information and hours listed (there is also one at 17 rue des Rosiers in the 4th, as well as others in Paris):

http://www.loubavitch.fr

well, you can probably find out that information better than I.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 07:35 AM

Thank you!
Was able to contact them...