Search

Looking for inexpesive house/apartment for 3 days in March oustide Sevilla

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for inexpesive house/apartment for 3 days in March oustide Sevilla

Hello,
I am traveling to Andalucia, and would like to find a small accomadation for myself, my husband and two teenage daughters in early March. We will have a car and need a place outside Sevilla so that I don't pay a premium for parking. Any ideas where to look.
Thanks so much in advance. You all are always so helpful.
Simbi
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 09:39 PM

If you want to spend time in Seville, which is a wonderful city, you really need to be in Seville - in my opinion. In the overall costs of your holiday parking may not add that much to your trip.

The parking station we always use is 17 euros a day and is right on the edge of Barrio Santa Cruz. I know the railway station is around the same price.

One of the closest towns to Seville is Marchena - but it is 40 mins by car and I don't know what the public transport options are between there and Seville. Also - regardless of being outside Seville or not - you will pay for parking and may find it difficult to park.

You could try vrbo.com and we have used www.sevilla5.com and they are excellent to deal with.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 03:17 AM

Hi I agree with Eliza if you wish to visit and enjoy Sevilla tthe place to be is Sevilla. Choosing the to stay outside town is not a good idea. Why do not stay in a little town nearby with the car, visit by car want you wish to see then drive into Seville and leave the car, stay in Seville in a centric place and return by train.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 05:59 AM

could you return the car in sevilla and collect another one three days later? sometimes there is no drop- off fee, or,.. the agency you are renting from.. could they let you use their parking lot at the airport or in town? doesn´t hurt to ask.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 05:59 AM

country inns

www.toprural.com
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 08:06 AM

Simbi
I worked in Sevilla for three years and I always had a car. Even though my company would pay for the parking, it's not needed, in most cases. You're going to find places which you can park free.

Certainly if you park in a shopping center, you might have to pay the small rates. Otherwise, look around before you're parking.

Blackduff
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 08:29 AM

www.vacationvillas.net

The closest properties they have to Sevilla are mostly in the Costa de la Luz section of their website.

While Sevilla is a perfect day trip from anywhere on the Costa de la Luz, it still takes 1 to 1 1/2 hours to reach the city center by car. So I'd say it's okay to stay in the countryside if you have just one or two trips to Sevilla in mind. But if you want to spend all or most of your vacation time in Sevilla, I think you would like it better to stay in the city.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help...I am fine tuning our plans, and I am thinking of the following now.

We are leaving Granada by car to go to either Ronda or somewhere in that area, spend the night somewhere in the rural area of Ronda and the next day visit Ronda wonder our way towards Sevilla. That day we will spend the night in Sevilla with our car parked, that next day in Sevilla and sleep agian in Sevilla. Get the car early morning on leave for Cordoba.

Or do we return the car when we get to Sevilla and then use train to go to Cordoba the next day? We only have 10 hours in Cordoba and are planning on speed train back to Madrid on the 9:00p.m. train to be in Madrid hotel by midnight.

Our hesitation with trains is that we will have luggage that we need to keep with us while we visit the Mesquita in Cordoba.

I know many of you think this is too much in places that are meant to be taken slow and easy to savor. For us it is the way we travel and don't mind going going going....

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM

We stayed in Italica,which is about 20 minutes outside of Sevilla. It is the location of a bunch of Roman ruins, which my husband wanted to see. Our hotel was the Hotel Anfiteatro. It was a nice hotel, reasonably priced, with a great Sunday afternoon meal! Have fun in Seville.