Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for farm accommodations for our family in Germany

Old Jun 26th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard people have positive experiences staying on farms in various parts of Europe. Would love to get more information about this and see if it would be right for our family. Kids are young though - 6 and 4 would love it but what about the 18 month old? Does anyone know what the experience might be like with a toddler?
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 02:42 PM

Hi lifeistravel, we have stayed in many rural locations in apartments in Germany, Austria, Italy, Belgium and several other places, sometimes it has been on a farm. We love the idea of having more room and prefer to stay in small towns however I can't address your question about children as we are 2 adults. If you can give a little more info as to where you're going, when and an approximate cost I'll be glad to help by forwarding a few websites. One of the easiest ways I know is to do a google search for 'farm stays in Germany'. here is a link for the Black Forest area http://www.blackforest-tourism.com/u...eundliche_orte Hope this helps. If you need any more help let me know.
Enjoy your trip to Germany
Susan
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Suspaul. We're looking in the south. Probably drive from Potsdam towards Nürnberg, then down towards the Bodensee and east towards Füssen. Not sure if we'll head back east of München or just go straight back from the Füssen area to Potsdam. We're not interested in staying in any big ciites but wouldn't mind being close enough to head into town the odd day. Probably looking at 2-3 days in each area.
Thanks,
C
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 04:01 AM

Try this site for a nice big listing:
www.bauernhofurlaub.com
Click on english version!
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 06:09 AM

here's a website put together by a person in the US, lots of great info regarding apartment and farm stays, take a look and read some of the trip reports even if they are old, very insightful. It's a great site to nose around in....

http://www.bensbauernhof.com/

Susan