Looking for beauty in Tuscany

Apr 26th, 2018, 02:28 AM
Original Poster

Looking for beauty in Tuscany

Iím looking for help finding the most beautiful, must see towns in Tuscany. Suggestions on lodging would be appreciated too. Also, a while ago I found a website where you could rent a Ferrari for a half day guided tour of the Tuscan countryside (as I recall, you get a car and someone else drives along with you in a separate car to lead the way and I think it begins somewhere in the Florence area). Iím not talking about a regular daily car rental...canít afford that...this is just a tour. If anyone knows what Iím talking about, please let me know.
Apr 26th, 2018, 05:19 AM

summer, winter, autumn.... you get the picture?

For me May in Val d'Orcia
Apr 26th, 2018, 05:46 AM

We are going to Tuscany again this fall. I was just looking things up and found this: https://avignonesi.it/en/ferrari-tour. I have no idea how much this would cost but it looks very cool. We did go there for their wine paired lunch a few years ago and it was one of our highlights of Italy. The lunch was fantastic!

We stayed in the Val D"Dorcia region and you can't find more beautiful country. We stayed between Pienza and Montelpulciano. It is a great area and you can do many day trips to the surrounding hill towns. It is a very easy area to drive around. Hope you have a great trip and if you do the Ferrari thing please write about it. I am very curious.
Apr 26th, 2018, 07:10 AM

Another big vote for the Val d'Orcia.

Here is a post with something I wrote about a driving tour in the area.
One week in Tuscany suggestions for day visits

Stu Dudley
Apr 26th, 2018, 08:11 AM

Well I just got some information on the Ferrari Tour and it is 1590 euro (for the tour and lunch). A little out of my league but it's nice to dream!

Search this Thread