Looking for B&B near Sarlat

Old Apr 5th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for B&B near Sarlat

Looking for a B&B near Sarlat, within 30 km or so, 60 Euros or less. I've searched all the usual web sites, plus Google, but I'm looking for a personal recommendation. Expect to be there in May for 1 week.
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 09:38 AM

Two very good ones that I know personally are
Les Granges Hautes http://www.les-granges-hautes.fr/en/index.htm, some rooms fit your price range. Highly recommended by a number of people here who have stayed with Beatrice and Jean-Yves.
and
La Colline d'Orance, (http://la-colline-dorance.com/welcome.html) which as far as I know has never come up here, but is also beautiful, and only 2 km. from Sarlat. But more expensive - there are only 4 rooms, all beautifully decorated, and Christine, the owner is charming, and speaks some English.

I know and would stay in either of them (except that I live here and just get to visit them!)
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM

I stayed in les granges hautes. A great spot.

Joan
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM

In the Fall of 2008, we traveled in France for 7 weeks. By far, our favorite B&B was Le Petit Versailles in Beynac, www.lepetitversailles.fr. Located 12km from Sarlat, it's an excellent base for exploring the Dordogne. We stayed there for 9 nights. The rate was 60E per night including an outstanding large homemade breakfast every morning (different each of the nine days). With advance reservation, Mme Fleury will cook you a wonderful dinner....ours was a 3-course meal for 20E, including wine. The hosts are wonderful and the B&B very charming. We sent some friends there and they are still raving about it. It's that fabulous! Check my report on Tripadvisor.
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 11:17 AM

My friends raved about Residence Versailles (perhaps also called Le Petit Versailles?) The rooms are 60E. It's in Beynac, about a 10 minute drive from Sarlat. I love the site. From there you can hike the back way to Beynac Castle and get stunning views of the Dordogne.

It's listed in tripadvisor. Not that I trust the site completely, but the reviews there mirror what my friends said, and what I know about the location.

I usually stay down the road with family. But I have stayed at the following one when the in-laws have a full house.

It's within walking distance to Residence Versailles. The couple doesn't speak English but are extremely nice, and the rooms are clean and just ok. The main benefits are the low price (about 30E), and the location:

Raymond TRAVERS
La Prade - 24220 Vézac
2 chambres - tarif 2008: 28 €, petit déjeuner (facultatif) en plus.
Tél. 05 53 29 53 90
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 11:24 AM

Christycruz, Residence Versailles and Le Petit Versailles are one and the same. They changed their name at some point.
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 11:29 AM

Thanks jr. I haven't been to the Perigord since 2006. I'm going this summer and can't wait!
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to those that responded. I tried Le Petit Versailles but they were booked for the time I needed them. I decided on this place and have made reservations. It got good reviews on Trip Advisor. Anyone here know of it?

http://www.lerelaisdupech.com/index.html