Reload this Page >

London Tube Strike Days Announced

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Alec

RMT union has announced the first two days of 24 hour strike on London Underground, Tuesday September 24 and Tuesday October 1. Strike starts from 8 pm the previous evening, so disruption will last over 2 days.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 08:11 AM
mwc

I am going to London on Oct. 9 - do you think that this strike may still be on ?<BR>

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 08:12 AM
PatrickW

These are 24hour strikes, not an indefinite one.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Mina

Some please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've been reading, the strike starts on the EVENING of the planned strike day (8 p.m.). <BR><BR>Personally, it would make a difference for me, as I have a scheduled flight out at 10 am on Oct 1. I was planning on taking the tube to Heathrow. I'm really hoping it doesn't start from the previous evening, for my own sake. <BR><BR>Good luck to everyone else as well.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 11:41 AM
l&Dlady

check www.bbc.uk/london, the bbc site. They state strike begins 8pm Sept.24 and ends Wednesday Sept 25 at 8pm, so mostly it's Wednesday that's affected. Same goes for Oct. 1st strike, starts at 8pm Oct 1 thru Oct. 2nd.<BR><BR>Does anyone know how far the walk is from Gloucester Road tube stop to Earls' Court?

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:38 PM
ron

Its 15 to 20 minutes, at most, walking between the two stations. I once stayed roughly half way between the two stations and used both of them regularly, depending where I was coming from or going to.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:39 PM
l&Dlady

thanks ron

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:47 PM
xxx

Don't forget that Saturday, September 21, is the day set for a massive protest in support of fox hunting--and some other issues, but a proposed ban on fox hunting with hounds is the organizers' pet peeve. Supposedly 300,000 people will be marching in London.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:55 PM
dahlia

Oh, no! I'll be in London in Sept. 21. Where exactly is the demo, march route? Maybe, I'll just avoid those places. Help!

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 07:25 PM
ron

Dahlia, here is the URL for the march - one of the most confused and confusing websites I have ever come across, but it appears that there are two marches that will converge on Whitehall.<BR>http://www.march-info.org/march2/index.html

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Keith

The march is actually on Sunday 22nd. There is also a Nike run in Richmond Park involving 20,000 runners and it's "National Car Free Day" too so expect trains into and out of London from the South West to be busy.