London Tube Stations after 11:00 pm

Jun 30th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

London Tube Stations after 11:00 pm

First time to London. Any issues with London tube safety riding later in evening. Plan on being in Central London for events, hotel at the London Bridge Station on South Bank. I suspect its not an issue, however, just wanted to get a experienced perspective from those who've been to London. Thanks.
Jun 30th, 2007, 06:47 AM

I don't think there any particular safety issues since the Tube is crowded right up to the time of the last train, but it does stop running relatively early (around midnight), so you just need to make sure you leave the station by the time of the final train to your destination.
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:15 AM

Ride it every day. Virtually no safety issues at all - this is where the British aversion to invasions of personal space come in handy! The only thing I can think of is gangs of rowdy kids (commonly known as yobs), a frequent occurrence in any city. If you have any concerns, just get in the front carriage with the driver. Traditionally very busy around 11.30pm, after the pubs close. You won't be alone.
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Only time I EVER felt uncomfortable on the tube (and I lived nearby for a year quite a while ago & also have traveled there recently)was following a major soccer or rugby match close by. Otherwise, never a problem. But do watch out as you were advised for that final train run to avoid being stranded.
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:36 AM

You would never be stranded and you are hardly in the sticks at London Bridge. There are always taxis (expensive) or double decker night buses (beginning with 'N'). Here's the route map, just in case:

http://tinyurl.com/yrqrdc

So the turquoise N21 will get you from Trafalgar Square to London Bridge, should you miss the last tube home...
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:16 AM

The last Jubilee Line train to London Bridge leaves Baker Street at 00.40, arriving at London Bridge 00.53.

The last Northern Line to London Bridge leaves Camden Town at 00.24, arriving at London Bridge 00.40.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1129.aspx