London to Sorrento

Aug 20th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

London to Sorrento

What's the best way to travel from London to Sorrento. We are thinking of using Sorrento as our base for 2 nights and do a day trip to Amalfi Coast. Fm sorrento we plan to go to capri/anacapri. To stay in capri for 1 night. pls suggest the best way by budget flights or trains from london to sorrento and any comments on the itinerary i mentioned? I have set aside about 3-4 nights in this region and want to cover sorrento, amalfi coast and capri. what is your suggestions? Thks for your help.

Aug 20th, 2005, 06:26 AM

Fly one of the budget airlines from London to Naples. From Naples airport take the Curreri bus to Sorrento.
www.whichbudget.com
Aug 20th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

any comments or experiences from anyone who has used budget airlines BMI or Thomson or easyjet. These fly to naples with BMI departing from heathrow. thks.
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:51 AM

Lenore - I fly Easyjet several times a year and have never had a problem with them.

Beware not to excede their baggage allowance - you may incur an extra charge.

Check-in closes about 40 mins before - so don't be late

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Aug 21st, 2005, 02:05 AM

Hi Lenore,

The Easyjet flight leaves Stansted at 07.20am and arrives in Naples at 11.15am.

I took this flight in July and it arrived on time. I had no check in luggage so after passing through passport control I was on time for the 11.30am Curreri bus to Sorrento and arrived there at 12.40pm (lovely easy drive, bus just outside the arrivals terminal and you pay 6E on the bus).

However, if you have luggage to collect you would not make this bus and the next one isn't until 13.00pm. The alternative would be to take a bus to Naples station and the train to Sorrento which I don't think would be as easy or as comfortable.

Helen