London Sightseeing Pass

Search

London Sightseeing Pass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Sightseeing Pass

Where to get the London sightseeing pass other than in the Toursim Bureau on Regent Street? Do we need a photocard if we get one there?
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 06:25 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If you mean the London Pass - are you really sure you want to buy that? It really isn't a great bargain. The pass covers a LOT of places. Unfortunately - to get value from the Pass one needs to cram the "biggies" into 1, 2 or 3 consecutive days, depending on which pass you buy.

You can buy them in any tourist office or on line - but I personally would not.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

I was told that if you get the pass you don't have to wait in line & that saves a lot of time. Isn't that true?
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

I was told that you don't need to stand in line if you get a London Sightseeing Pass. Is that true? I guess it will save us a lot of waiting time if we get the passes.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM

Yes i believe that's the case but that should not be your reason for buying it as there are relatively few lines except at the Tower of London IME and Windsor Castle, if that is covered even.

It can be a great deal if doing activities like boat tours, bike tours, etc. it covers.

You can get it in the US from BETS (800-441-2387) who could also answer any questions on it. Or from RailEurope or BritRail.com but i always recommend BETs for their expertise and won't charge RE's $15 mailing fee for this - think thye charge $5 for non-express orders under $250 whereas RE mails free if over $399, which this order would not be. Prices here could well be cheaper due to the significant fall of the dollar in the past few weeks against the pound, making purchases in dollars cheaper than buying there in pounds. (Econ 101).
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 12:23 PM

I agree, I wouldn't buy a pass where you're pressured into cramming everything into those days...and it often turns out a lot of the admissions are free as well. For Tower of London, talk to your hotel concierge. I bought a ticket at my hotel and just walked up to the "Group Sales" window at the gate, bypassing a line that was easily 1 1/2 - 2 hours. If your hotel doesn't sell admission tickets to various sites, they can usually direct you to a stand neary or a tobacconist that does.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM

If you buy a ticket to the Hop-On Hop Off bus, it includes a ticket for a boatride down the Thames, which is great> It is a loop trip. If you the longer trip where you can get off the boat and then get back on, you have to buy that separately.
Also, I think grren triangles in the front window of the bus denote a live tour guide, which is great fun.

I also recommend the hop-on bus at night ( no hop off) we had a great tour guide, and there was daylight until 10 pm (May)
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

Hi Ninastream,

Thanks for your very valuable advice. I'll do more research before I get the London pass. The hop-on bus sounds interesting. And I'll e-mail my hotel to see if they offer deals to various attractions including the Tower of London.