Hello again -
So I have been aggressively nailing down the last details of our trip and what not. Let me just say that I am now more excited more than ever! A few months ago, I took the advise of our expert Fodorites and booked hotels on booking.com. I didn't have to pay upfront so all is good. One person in here mentioned that a week or two before you travel,,, try to look again for accommodations as some places might be desperate to fill rooms.
So I was consciously re-checking booking.com, trivago etc, other sites and came across a forum. One mentioned in there to try LSE (London School of Economics) as they try to rent out the rooms at the residence when school is over.
So I did check the LSEVacations site and found some great deals at the Passfield Hall, Roseberry Hall, etc. Around £47.00 a night. And the location is close to British Museum, etc.
Tempting as any £20 a night I save can go to say another tour or another sandwich.
My question is: Has anyone tried this route before? College dorms? How was it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 2 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 3 Current plan for March trip
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 10 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 beware of robbed in Milan
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 First time in Spain
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Once upon a time in Italy
- 20 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
Hello again -