The Generator Hotel- London

Jul 12th, 1997, 03:02 PM
michelle

The Generator Hotel- London

Has anyone stayed at the Generator Hotel in London? If so please e-mail me and let me know what you think. Thanks for your help...michelle

Sep 11th, 2002, 10:39 PM
ttt

topping for michelle

Sep 17th, 2002, 06:36 PM
janis

The Generator is a HUGE, basic hostel (not a "hotel") near the british museum. It is a great location - but not a place a lot of people would enjoy. if you are VERY adventurous (Brave?) it could be perfect. But there are over 800 beds and some of them are filled by out of work immigrants and social service clients, others are filled by youthful tour groups. It is NOT the typical London accomodation.

Sep 17th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Myriam

Michelle, My son stayed there with his school with a group of 60 16-yr olds. Of course they found the hip place (it's very modern) cool but they're young so they don't need quiet nights and some comfort. If you don't mind the lack of comfort and the young atmosphere, then give it a try. Location is superb and they are cheap.

Sep 19th, 2002, 11:52 PM
Jo

Stayed at the Generator a couple of years ago

On the plus side was the location and the beds were clean and extremely comfortable.

On the minus side were the noise, the fact that the halls were filled with screaming teenagers all the time and the toilets/showers were a fair walk away and were disgustingly dirty (unflushed, broken etc. It was so bad that after the first night I refused to use them and instead used ones in shops/resturants.

I would reccommend that you do not stay there