London restaraunts

Search

London restaraunts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London restaraunts

We'll be in London for four nights and are looking for dining suggestions. We are staying at the Rubens Hotel, across from Buckingham Palace. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Good food and service are the priorities
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:42 AM

I've given my recommendations about a dozen times in the past few weeks alone. Frankly, I'm tired of typing the same things over and over again. If you have a specific request for a specific type of place or location, I'd be happy to try to help. Otherwise, I suspect you're going to get more information by typing "London restaurants" into the search function, clicking UK and spending a few hours reading the suggestions already made and discussed. If you want more information about any of them, come back and ask.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude. It's just that the information is already here for you if you do a quick search.
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 09:12 AM

In no particular order but because they are pretty close to your hotel, I'd recommend The Cinnamon Club, Boisdale and the Capital (good value for lunch but pricey in the evening). Have a look on www.squaremeal.co.uk
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 09:44 AM

London is so huge and has so many restaurants. We normally find ourselves just eating somewhere convenient to where we're touring at the time, especially for lunch. You will see menus posted outside of restaurants so you can check it out before commiting yourselves.
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 10:08 AM

Ralstonlan- please take Patrick's advice- but try not to tak offense. There are endless threads regarding dining in London. There are many people who are willing to help you out- but first try doing a spot of research!
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 11:00 AM

Try the Ivy near Covent Garden - Reservations essential!
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 03:30 PM

Have stayed at the Rubens twice, most recently in May 2004. There are several places nearby that we tried and liked.

Bumbles Restaurant is across the street and to the left from the Rubens. It is a charming little place with good food and service. Entrees started at around 9 GBP. We had fish and chips and it was one of the best meals of our trip.

We also had a good "American" Pizza at Pizza Express near Victoria Station.

Lastly, there is a pub called the Duke of York near Victoria Station. We had dinner in the restaurant upstairs and it was quite good and reasonably priced.

Also, there is a Sainsbury's grocery store close by where you can get snacks, drinks, sandwiches, etc.

If you'd like to try pub food, the Bag O' Nails pub is across the street from the Rubens. Didn't eat there but the guys did enjoy having a few beers with the locals.
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 03:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Some of the restaurants I have liked are La Caprice, La Gavaroche, Bibedum (sp?) in the old Michelin tire building.
Rules , for old English atmosphere, and
The Antelope Pub,
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 06:14 PM

Here's another vote for Bumbles. We went there on our first visit to London in 1980 and have been there twice since, once for our anniversary. Traditional, well prepared English food.