London paris italy tour

Search

London paris italy tour

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London paris italy tour

Dear friends im from malaysia. Would like to travel london paris italy n amsterdam by solo traveller. how many days do i need? from which city i need to start n end? im a budget traveller pls guide me.
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 10:46 AM

How long do you have for that trip?

I assume you are going by train - right?

When are you going?

Possible scenario:

Fly into London
London 4 days

Take Eurostar train to Amsterdam via Brussels (4 hours or so)

Amsterdam 3 days

Take Thalys train to Paris (3.5 hours)

Either fly or take overnight train to Venice from Paris - day trains take all day.

Venice 2-3 days

Train to Florence - 2-3 days

Train to Rome - 4 days

Flight back to Malaysia from Rome

For lots of great info on planning the rail part check these IMO superb sites: www.seat61.com (great tips on discounted tickets you can nab if you book far in advance); www.budgeteuropetravel.com (see their free online European Planning & Rail Guide for lots of rail itineraries) and www.ricksteves.com.

Well that is a basic itinerary for your wish list.
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 11:45 AM

Or you could take the train to Paris first then bop up to Amsterdam and fly from there to Italy.

If you had time and wanted to add another area you could take the train from Paris to Switzerland - ensconce yourselves in a primo Alpine resort like the Jungfrau Region then easily go onto Italy by train.
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 05:17 PM

Your budget may well determine how long you will be able to stay. Have you looked at airfares? Average hotel or hostel rates????

For a first trips I think the minimum time you need is

London - 4 nights
Paris - 4 nights
Amsterdam - 3 nights
Rome - 4 night

So 11 nights plus 3 days for traveling between the cities - 14 nights. Time to and fro Malaysia would be additional.

If you want to do day trips or see other cities in Italy that would be additional.

Also, without knowing what your interests are this itinerary may not make sense for you.

And the time of year you travel would also make a difference.
Old Sep 26th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much to palenq n nytraveler. Its a wonderful ideas. Let me do some workhome here. What about bnb accomondation... can find cheap n good bnb? Any dangerous if i travel alone these cities? do u have any ideas about the whole expenses exclude flight tickets?
Old Sep 26th, 2015, 10:27 AM

Can't help a lot with specific budgets since this is not our price point.

However, for info on the cheapest way to do things have a look at the Let's Go Student Guides - it will have a lot of info on hostels (usually the cheapest place to stay) and a ton of other budget info.

The consensus seems to be that the absolute minimum budget is about 60 euros per day per person - but this is a lot of walking versus transit, picnics and eating food from markets and will not include some of the more expensive major sights (which can be 20 euros or more each). Also it does not include intercity fights or trains.