London-Paris

Mar 11th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

London-Paris

I am planing a trip to london-Paris, London just a couple of days & 5 days in Paris traveling thru the Eurostar channel tunnel.
I want to book it. any help? I have to travel during specific days.
Mar 11th, 2007, 05:34 AM

Go to www.eurostar.com and book tickets. It's as simple as that.

Possible prices can be found under "travel information" so you'll know if you've got a decent price
Mar 11th, 2007, 05:43 AM
ira

Hi Y,

At www.eurostar.com, choose the UK. You usually get better prices.

Cheapest fares are usually one-day RT. You don't have to come back.

I think that I would add one day to London.

Enjoy your visit.

Mar 11th, 2007, 05:55 AM

For a day return the UK price is £59 ($113), the US price is $72.

Even the non-flexible returns are cheaper at $106 as many UK cheap tickets are £59
Mar 11th, 2007, 07:30 AM

What exactly are you asking for help with? Your itinerary? Hotels? Flight? Or just the Eurostar? If you don't have the answer to your question above, please be more specific in your question. If you are looking for itinerary help, provide dates, specifics of what you want to do/like to do, etc.
Mar 11th, 2007, 07:35 AM

Hi

I can't help you with the train question. But I did go to Paris with my wife last year and I have posted a trip report with pictures and links on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/Paris_France.htm . Maybe you can find some useful info there to start with Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Mar 11th, 2007, 08:11 AM

It's very simple to book tickets on eurostar.com. I did it for a day trip we'll be taking the other way -- Paris to London. I'm wondering, though, how easy it will be to pick the tickets up. We're going the day before just in case we run into problems. I normally book on www.raileurope.com, and they're very efficient, but the deal on www.eurostar.com was just too good to pass up.

Sandy
Mar 11th, 2007, 08:42 AM

<<< how easy it will be to pick the tickets up >>>

Find ticket machine at Waterloo, insert CC you used for booking, type in reference, pick up tickets
Mar 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for ur information. What I need information is on how to booked the flights from EWR to London and Paris to EWR online.
Or do you know of any tour Co. I will be traveling on specific dates.
Mar 11th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

???
Mar 11th, 2007, 12:43 PM

Have you already found a fare that you want? If not, start looking at www.kayak.com. Click on Multi-City, enter EWR in the first "From" box, enter London in the first "To" box, pick the date you want to fly. Then below that, enter Paris in the "From" box, enter EWR in the "To" box and the date that you want that flight to take place. Enter # of travelers, class of travel, and hit search. Kayak.com will search several sources for the best fare. Once it provides you with your options, you should go to the website of the airline that Kayak.com shows to have that fare and see if you can get it any cheaper directly from the airline. If so, book from the airline. If not, book through Kayak.com. Once you find your fare, the steps to book should be fairly self explanatory.
Mar 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. I tried going to a couple of sites and it is a lot more expensive than booking a tour/vacation package which includes hotel.
I was under the impresion that is was going to be a lot cheaper doing it by myself.
Mar 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Original Poster

bump
Mar 14th, 2007, 09:04 PM

Even though consolidators are so much cheaper I want to try some different hotels. I'm planning a spring trip to Paris. Delta has prices right now that beat the fare sale Air France just ended. And I want to try Les Degres hotel. It sounds charming though all the tripadvisor reviews say it's no good for singles.

I stayed at Hotel Pereire last time in the 17e. It's a nice quiet neighborhood, but I'd rather try another part of town. All that walking killed my right knee.