Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

UK Which website is good for flights to/from the UK?

Jan 10th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

The only website I have tried is www.travelocity.co.uk; but every time I provide information about the flights I need I get kicked off. Is this because they know I am using a computer in the US. Have other fodorites had this problem? Are there any other websites I can use? Thanks in advance.
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:55 AM
rex

Perhaps try opodo.com?

Is your goal to find flights from the UK to other continents?

Best wishes,

Rex
Jan 10th, 2004, 12:16 PM

What's your objective? Are you looking for prices in GBP? You can try ebookers.com but not sure you can actually book a flight from the US on a UK website. Are you looking for the discount European airlines? Try applefares.net or skyscanner.com
Jan 10th, 2004, 04:36 PM

What is your goal? I've never tried that, but out of curiosity, I just logged into that site and put in info for a LGW-SVQ RT that I'm already booked on to see what the price was, and it didn't kick me off even though I'm in the US. I had no problem at all getting the info.

I didn't go through actually trying to book it, of course, are you having trouble when you put in a US address or something for the tickets?
Jan 10th, 2004, 08:41 PM

Is there a reason you aren't using travelocity.com or expedia.com? Be sure to use LON (London, all airports) for the London end unless you really want a specific airport for some reason but that will limit the choices given. For example, I just did a LON-CDG and found a round trip fares starting around $120.

I was also able to check the same itinerary on travelocity.co.uk and flights are 68GBP and up. If you really want to use the UK site, there may be something in the way you are entering your request or you may need to clear your cookies. (When things start acting sqirrley on web sites, I do this and it often clears things up.)
Jan 14th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to price a ticket from London to Moscow or St Petersberg. I was able to get prices in USD using travelocity.com and expedia.com. I am using a library computer which may be why I have been having problems with Uk websites.