London night out?

Search

London night out?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London night out?

I've heard that a lot of the desirable clubs/bars in London are members only or that there are long lines for the clubs/bars that are not members only. Some one on this message board suggested going to dinner at a restaurant that also has a cool, stylish bar. My husband and I will be in London next week and are looking for some suggestions for a late dinner followed by drinks at one of these restaurants/bars. We are in our late 20's and enjoy laid back lounge type places (dressier than a pub, but with out the blaring techno music). We are thinking about making reservations at Milk & Honey, but not so crazy about the whole getting kicked out when the clock strikes 11pm.
We are staying in the Mayfair area.
Any suggestions for a fun night out?
?
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 07:24 AM

We had a wonderful dinner at Atlantic Bar and Grill in the "basement" of a restored old bank. Being much older than you we felt a little out of place as it was a very young and trendy crowd, but we loved it anyway. But there is also a lounge attached that was just opening when we left at about 11 PM, and I don't think it required a membership. I'd check out that place. Sure was a cool looking crowd coming in. It's in Mayfair on Glasshouse.

I thought the coolest part of our evening was that at the end they brought a small fancy blue envelope and placed it on the table. The outside had fancy script saying simply "The Damage". Inside was our bill.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, sounds just like what we are looking for. I'll try to read more about it online.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 11:57 AM

Osia would work for you. The food is great and there is a trendy bar in the back that is fun. Or book a late table as Asia de Cuba.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 12:37 PM

We loved a Moroccan restaurant called "
Momo's", which is located in Mayfair. Really young, lively crowd, and lots of fun in both the restaurant and at the bar! If you're interested, try to get a reservation ahead, as it's one of the more popular places in London.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! More great suggestions. Momo's looks really fun and interesting!
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:43 AM

I'm going to be in London next week as well. Went on Ebay and found some discounted tickets to a club called "Jongleurs". The tickets are for the Bow location, but they also have clubs at Camden and Battersea. It appears to be a comedy club that also has a restaurant and disco. I hope it is worth the expense.