Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

London: Lime Tree Hotel or Quality Hotel Eccleston?

Oct 16th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Audrey

I am looking for accommodations for 2 adults, 20 yr old and 17 yr old sons, in the Victoria Station/Belgravia area. Has anyone stayed at the Lime Tree Hotel or Quality Hotel Eccleston?

Oct 16th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Audrey

Sorry, my message might not have been clear. We are a family of 4 -- 2 adults and 2 older sons.

Oct 16th, 2002, 07:23 AM
michele

I've stayed at the Lime Tree twice and really like it. The well-decorated rooms are small as are the modern bathrooms. A full breakfast is served in the dining room. Like many B&Bs, the Lime Tree has no elevator.Your hosts are helpful and friendly. The Ebury Street Wine bar is next door and is very good and very popular.(eclectic menu). I like the area--good blend of B&Bs and small shops. Easy walk to Buckingham Palace. We also walked to the theatre area; a longer trek.

Oct 16th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Audrey

Thanks for your input Michelle. Has anyone stayed at the Quality Hotel Wesminister? They are giving me a good rate for a family room...

Oct 16th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Andrea

Audrey,
I have stayed twice at the Quality Inn Eccleston ('99 and'00). It is a very comfortable hotel. I shared a twin and by no means was it spacious, but it was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not included, though there is a restaurant and small lobby bar available. The price was right, the location close to Victoria Station.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:17 AM
Nicole

Audrey,

I did not enjoy my one-night stay at the Hotel Eccleston back in 1997 - for the most part due to what I considered to be the poor quality of the room (seemed unclean, broken tiles in the bathroom, etc.). There was another question posted very recently by someone else titled "London: Quality Hotel Eccleston (Westminster)" - if you do a search for "eccleston" you'll find it, and there you can read my detailed response.

However, I have friends who stayed at the Lime Tree in 2001 and really liked it. They said it was clean and comfortable and would stay there again.