London: J. Sheekey's or The Ivy

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:28 PM
K.

London: J. Sheekey's or The Ivy

Between these 2 restaurants, which is your favorite, or are they both top-notch?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:56 PM
Janie

People may have heard of J Sheekeys (I haven't!) but everyone in London knows The Ivy so I would choose that!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:16 AM
cool

J. Sheekeys is the new Ivy, meaning the place to see and be seen. I haven't eaten there, but i've eaten at the ivy, which was very good, although too expensive and generally overrated.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 03:49 AM
Janie

http://www.epicurious.com/erg/london/jsheeke.html<BR>Check here for an note on J Sheekeys

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 04:08 AM
kate

Both excellent, I prefer the atmosphere of the Ivy, and the food of J Sheekey. Note that J Sheekey is a fish restaurant, so go to the Ivy if fish ain't your thing. Of course, the Ivy is still impossible to get into.<BR><BR>And &quot;cool&quot;, don't know where else you've eaten but in London restaurant terms the Ivy is actually pretty reasonable (you can comfortably eat there for 50GBP which is more than can be said of many, more inferior places).

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:43 AM
cool

Actually, Kate, you're right. The Ivy isn't all that expensive as far as London restaurants go. It's also perfectly acceptable to wear jeans too. I also wanted to say that The Ivy and J Sheekeys are owned by the same company, Signature Restaurants Plc.