London flats

Old Oct 3rd, 1999, 04:00 PM
Phil Koss

London flats

Our family (seven of us) are going to London from December 7 through December 14. I though it might be a good idea to rent a flat for the week rather than get multiple hotel rooms. Does anyone have any suggestions of places to try?

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 09:43 AM
Tom

I rented a flat from Europalet a few years back. I believe that you can get information on them through the internet. Also, contact the British Tourism Authority in New York and they can provide you with a few agencies.

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 05:17 PM
Rob

My wife and I tried a flat rental for the first time and had a terrible experience. Rental company was called "London Connection." While others may have luck with such an arrangement, this group overcharged, underdelivered and once they had our money, we were stuck. Keep in mind also that most London flats are very small - seven in one flat will be tight.

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 05:23 PM
Phil Koss

Rob: thanks, London Connection was one of our choices, I think I found it in the New Yorker.

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 06:11 PM
Yitz

Try this Site For Rentals
WWW.vacationspot.com
a selection of 45 properties in London,

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 09:05 AM
Phil Koss

thanks

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 10:47 AM
Beth

Try this flat. It's in Kensington which is a great location - right by the palace. We stayed there this spring and were very pleased! They have all sorts of flats. We stayed in the 3 bedroom 3 bath one and it was great! Also stayed in a 2 bedroom flat - great location and nice flats - very clean and the ones we were in were updated. The 2 bedroom had a HUGE living room! It is much cheaper than hotel rooms also. They have a concierge even to get you tickets, etc. and rooms are cleaned every day. www.onethirty.co.uk

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 02:12 PM
W. A. Robison

We have stayed at Scala House before and will return with our students in November. Although I think you would have to rent two of the apartments for seven persons, I think you'd still find them to be a great value. Visit their site on the Internet at www.scala-house.co.uk

The location is very good (right around the corner from the Goodge Street underground station). Relatively inexpensive restaurants can be found everywhere.

We had a great experience with Scala House and always recommend it to other travelers.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 03:31 PM
anna

The BTA publishes a booklet called City Apartments with doxens of letting agents listed. We rented from Acorn rentals and it was a very good deal for five of us, but I think they only rent vacant student apartments, which might not be vacant when you are going.