Reload this Page >

Is fur accepted in Paris???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 06:17 PM
Jay

My wife and I going to Paris in December and are not sure if she should take her Fur Coat. Are the French anti-Fur???

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 06:25 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>It probably isn't a good idea anyway just from a standpoint of what clothes to bring, pack, lug, etc. to bring a fur coat. Even if you went to the fanciest places, it wouldn't be necessary. Leave it at home, then you don't have to worry about anything.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 07:19 AM
elvira

The French are NOT anti-fur, by a long shot. Stores are full of fur coats, fur-trimmed jackets, even fur handbags. If you are taking taxis or hired cars, she should be very comfortable. If you are using public transportation (metro, buses), her coat will get dirty and she'll be very hot.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 08:03 AM
FrankR

I was surprised to see lotsa fur worn last time I was in France.Don't try it <BR>in the UK.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 04:09 PM
Donna

Fur will gain you a much warmer reception at the fanciest restaurants in Paris, especially when worn with heirloom diamonds set in platinum and if you arrive by limo...Seriously, though, if your wife enjoys wearing her fur coat in the wintertime warm and comfortable and doesn't mind dragging it over, all around, and back, by all means she should take it along. Agree that it will be overly warm and cumbersome if you plan to do a lot of travelling by metro. Also, the taxis are much smaller than stateside, so getting in and out could be more difficult. Unless you're flying first class or she's packing it, having it along on the plane could be inconvenient. To me, one of the advantages of faux fur is that it looks almost as good and keeps you just as warm, but is much lighter in weight and you don't have to worry about it so much.