London B&B help needed

Search

London B&B help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London B&B help needed

After reading with much interest the discussions on staying in the city versus staying in the suburbs as well as hotels vs. B&B's, we have decided to go with a B&B. We are not particular if it is in the city or not, but rather its price and location to a tube station.

Can anyone recommend a B&B for less than $100 a night? It is for 2 people in September.

Thank you very much for your help!
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:48 PM

gisela,
There must be 100 within 5 min of LGW (just there overnight on 20 July)in that price range, but the 12 GBP train trip into London proper would quickly exhaust your budget. Other threads have more info re: "in town" places.
M
Bring lots of ATM and CC "cash"!
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 07:53 PM

If you really need/want to stay by Gatwick then I can recommend a place that I stayed in that I really enjoyed. It is in a quaint neighborhood that is lovely to walk around. I could tell you all about it, but you should just look at the web site
I have been there twice - and I was very happy.

http://www.gainsborough-lodge.co.uk/
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 07:55 PM

Oh sorry! I got confused...for some reason I thought you said you wanted to be by Gatwick. (How dumb of me)...there are places A LOT closer!
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 04:38 AM

I like the Balmoral House Hotel at 156 Sussex Gardens near Paddington tube and rail (very convenient for sightseeing and rail travel including Heathrow express). It is a family run B&B with clean, pleasant rooms and full breakfast included. I have recommended this place on the board several times and got good feedback that others liked it also. A double is 60 to 65 gbp. I have not stayed there recently (last year) due to fantastic luck with priceline..4 star hotels in Kensington for $62 to $75 per night. The website is www.balmoralhousehotel.co.uk
You can search this board for Balmoral House Hotel and get more info. It looks exactly like the pictures on the website. There is no elevator but the rooms have TV, coffee & tea making tray, tolietries, and hairdryer. It is a little over your $100 per night but now that $100 is only about 50gbp you really do not have much choice. I stayed at some other budget B&B's/hotels in London and they were pretty bad. I was delighted when I found this place. I would like to stay there again but with the exchage rate I could not pass up the priceline deals.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 06:04 AM

I topped a great thread by Ben Haines with much info about London accomodations called The Best Area to Stay in London. Check it out.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 06:22 AM
yk

I've stayed several years ago at the Garth Hotel (which is a B&B). The rooms are small but clean, and in a good location (on Gower St in Bloomsbury). The doubles range from £60 to £80.
http://www.garthhotel-london.com/